Spotlights

Jack

Jack, i have a lightforce spotlight with the suction caps and i honestly dont like it. The roof of your vehicle must be completly free of dirt and grime before you attatch it or you might as well not bother, we clean our roof really well before we go spotlighting and the damn thing still comes unstuck. I might have just got a dodgy one because the thing just doesn't stick that well. Its really annoying when you have a big fox or pig in your sights and the light comes off the roof, really handy! I think you should look at other options, but its just my opinion mate, others may have no troubles with them.

Good Luck.

Edited by Robbo .308

Hi Jack,I have one and find it ok.Make sure you detatch it when you finish your run for the night,in winter (with frosty mornings)the ambient temp will cause it to detatch during the night,fall and damage your vehicle, possibly.Other than that I have found it good.I bought it for my second vehicle(new Hilux)when I cannot use my hunting swb toyota.Handle length will depend on your rig and comfort spot out the window I guess.For what they are worth I recon they are a good investment.I found that I needed to adapt it too suit the lightforce swivel arrangement, as I use the lighter one("T")The big one is a straight bolt in job.No real drama though if your a bit handy.Hope this makes some sense.Oh yeah,give the cups a bit of a lick,and make sure your roof is clean.

Cheers,SMITHY

Hi Jack,

My 14 year old son, got one of these from Santa, this Xmas. God, I love that bloke.

There are a few on the market, like this type, that go thru the drivers door window, but you want the type, that has double supports.

The single supports are a bit twisty.

They are made by Bush 2 Beach, Shayne Lowrie is his name, 0412 455 480.

Hope this helps.

post-6315-1230972224_thumb.jpg

post-6315-1230972323_thumb.jpg

post-6315-1230972417_thumb.jpg

post-6315-1230972554_thumb.jpg

Jock, how do you go when you are shooting out the window, does it get in the way??And can you give me an approx price..Santa..LOL ??

Smithy, when you buy the bar suction cup thingy and remote handle, do you also have to buy the swivel attachment to mount it on the bar??

Robbo, i change my cars over fairly often so im not real keen on putting a hole in the roof, might haveto one day. Just a bit chicken to do it myself.

Hi Jack,

I don't know how much they are, as Santa bought them. I will have to write him a letter, to find out.

The double strut ones, are a bit more obtrusive and are difficult to get the gun out.

Just heard back from Santa. LOL.

The strut part is about $149.

The Powabeam handle was $63.

I made this at work last year, got the design from a mates factory made powerbeam mount and improved it. I took me around 3 hours to make, its adjustable so will and has fit on many different vehicles. The only thing I bought was the handle and the light obviously (Blitz 240).The only difficult part was the ball joint. Also made a window rifle rest similar to the one on the 4WD pic below. Saved myself about $400 by making myself. (Fitter by trade)

DSCF4924.jpg

DSCF4925.jpg

DSCF4927.jpg

DSCF4292-1.jpg

Edited by Dungbeatle

I made my own window mount frame and swivel handle. It now has a Lightforce handle attached to it (handle was a freebie) and i don't find it that great to use. The tension adjustment is no where as easy to use as my Blazalight handle in the shooting rig.

The window mount itself is good. I made it to sit as far to the rear of the window frame as practical and i only loose about 1" of window frame opening.

Rick

Go for it mate, I basically copied it myself.

The trick to the spoty mount is to use electrical galv conduit 3/4" & 1/2". Sand to outside of the 1/2" and the inside of the 3/4" so that the smaller pipe slides inside the larger. Fill the 3/4" pipe with springs so you have tension on the hieght adjustment. i just drilled a hole near the bottom and welded a nut over the hole so I could use a wing bolt to lock it into place. The vertical adjustment was made with a nut welded into the end of the pipe and i used alltread so you just wind it in or out. If you need any help just holla

Shawn

Edited by Dungbeatle

I'm here working OT in prob the biggest toolroom in Australia and i didn't think of making it my self. DOH!!

I've already started cutting out the steel for it. There are some good ideas here. I don't suppose anyone has a diagram of the holes to mount the handle that they could upload??

Sparky shop here is closed so i am going to use square tube, the inside piece is 25mm, it slides inside a piece of 30mm.

I like Dungbeetle's idea of the springs inside the tube. Mine uses an external M8 bolt to spread the inner/outer tubes and hold it in place, works ok but is slow and gives limited adjustment. Springs and lockbolt would work well.

I'm here working OT in prob the biggest toolroom in Australia and i didn't think of making it my self. DOH!!

I've already started cutting out the steel for it. There are some good ideas here. I don't suppose anyone has a diagram of the holes to mount the handle that they could upload??

i made my own mount/ball joint out of a 20mm steel ball, drilled and tapped it then mounted it in between 2 small flanges. a piece of all thread out the top for the spotty then the bought hand piece screws in the bottom of the ball. I have tightened the 2 flanges up so the spotty stays in whatever position I leave it. I dont have to lock anything to keep the spotty in place when taking the shot.