Binos Fogging

Hey guys I need some advice on how to stop my binos fogging on those cold mornings or cold days during winter. Even during the cold snap the other day early in the morning I couldnt see a thing after the glass was too my eyes for 5 seconds. I use Steiner predators in 8 x 30 if it matters.

Good bino's mate.Make sure that you use your lense caps at all times,and a good anti fog gel or cream is another way of preventing fogging.

Not sure if leaving the lense caps on would help me, because they are fine as I bring them up to my eyes but within 10 seconds they fog up untill I cant see.

What is a good brand or make of anti fog gel or cream?

Not sure if leaving the lense caps on would help me, because they are fine as I bring them up to my eyes but within 10 seconds they fog up untill I cant see.

What is a good brand or make of anti fog gel or cream?

mate as dumb as it sounds just try no to breathe as hard. do you breathe out of your nose or mouth, if your puffed out then you will prob be breathing out of your mouth which is probably causing the fogging. i have the same binos and i dont have a problem.

It's actually the heat from your eyes which is causing the fogging. Same thing happens to me if I am wearing my glasses after a bit of exertion.

Try a wipe over with juice from a cut potato (everybody stop laughing) before you leave camp on the hunt. Use a tissue for that. Or even wipe the lens with soapy tissue, allow to dry then wipe again with a dry one.

Grant

Scroopa do you use a veil or mask at all ??

could it be your breath getting funnelled up ? my sunnies fog up if i have a loosing veil over my mouth nose

Mickgibbo has the same Bino's and wears veil and has never had the issue - his has a clip bit over the bridge of his nose so sort of kinda seals it from the air comming up

Hey guys I need some advice on how to stop my binos fogging on those cold mornings or cold days during winter. Even during the cold snap the other day early in the morning I couldnt see a thing after the glass was too my eyes for 5 seconds. I use Steiner predators in 8 x 30 if it matters.

I've had the same before and just a little spit on your hankey will do. I learned this when I was into spear fishing with mates doggindan and bro phil. The starch in your spit is enough to keep from fogging up even when diving in freezing winter water. They also sell anti-fog liquid at dive shops but they call it "spit in a bottle". If that doesn't work then your warm breath must be getting at the glass.

Yeah I find it is worse when I wear a mask so I'll have to find one with the nose clip thingy to help a bit, but it still happens without a mask too. I have tried the anti fog spray, I got it from a motorcycle shop and it helps but only a bit.

Ive tried holding the binos as far from my eyes as I can but it only helps for a few more seconds when I do that.

My old man has the exact same problem with his nikons, and we both agree that we can quite literally not glass with out binos for any more then 5 seconds, so its a big issue and i'm surprised to hear that no one else really has this problem.

I reckon they should bring out binos with that rain gaurd covering stuff that bushnell has on its scopes.

This is obviously not a problem right now with the hot weather, but I went for a stroll the other day during the cold snap and it was bout 15 degrees and the binos were useless, so it reminded me to ask you guys.

I'll try the potato juice thing tho cheers.

Mate,just wondering if you have the eye cups on your bino's.If not,then they are an accessory for steiner's that could help with your problem.

Yep they came with the eye cups. I hold the binos so my face is barely touching them and it still happens.

Its obvious im just too hot for binos!

scroopa the Nose clip is just a small strip of metal ( i think ) that can bend over the bridge of the nose so it sort of grips it

( most veils i have seen have it - Gibbo's one was $15 for an "Allens" full face hood veil )

Anti Fogging wipes is what i use... I wear glasses and they fog up especially when going hard in the bush to get to the spot... They work well but you have to do use it even so often..... Safety shops sells them...Mine come in Satchels and i got about 1000 of them.... light easy to carry... Don't buy the spray type that's just extra weight you have to carry