Safes

mickduck

Any one suggest a good value safe for AB and H for use in NSW?

Should I go cheaper or are they easy to break into.

Can i get them second hand or is not worth the drama.

Are the authorities still inspecting safes, i was told they gave up on that...

Cheers

Edited by mickduck

Workout how many guns you want/need. :P

And double it and buy that size safe.

You problably right Jock, guns are addictive if you are interested enough. My safe was made at a factory years ago, by a metal worker, it can hold around 10 guns.

Hi Mick,

I have the Big Iron brand, the type with all the bolts in the door.

Workout how many guns you want/need. :P

And double it and buy that size safe.

I had to build a second safe,first got to small :ph34r: Now my wife wants me to sell 3 or 4 of them off :angry: Owning a rifle is good,owning lots is better :D

I had to build a second safe,first got to small :ph34r: Now my wife wants me to sell 3 or 4 of them off :angry: Owning a rifle is good,owning lots is better :D

Hi Pajero,

Tell the Missus, good idea, I will sell the guns and get a faster Motor Bike and maybe a Quad, as well.

And wait for the screams. :P :P :P

I have a Buffalo River 5 gun safe and it is now full.

So I will probably stop at 5. Having only the one 5 gun safe is a good way to stop me from buying more. LOL

I thought, I would only get three guns.

And I don't have a .22LR, or even a 12G, yet. :P

Hehehe

I bought the .22 Hornet first, then the 12g, then a Norinco lever action 22LR, then the 17HMR, then replaced the Norinco with the Henry and finally bought the Anny 22LR just a week or so ago.

I forgot to mention before, that safes are still inspected here. Mine was inspected in April last year.

Also my 5 gun Buffalo River safe cost $299 2 years ago. It replaced a 3 gun top loading safe, made from an Oxygen cylinder. I bought that when I got my Hornet and paid $150 for it. The Buffalo River safes are now selling for $399 here in town.

Edited by epitome

I dont why people skrimp on safes.

Think about what you are locking in them how much they cost and what they would cost to replace and the bullshit you have to go through to get new permits etc, then look at what price a decent safe realy costs. Its a small price to pay for the protection it gives

Big Iron Safes Rock.... At the end of the day you want a safe to do exactly that. To keep your guns safe from your family and safe from anyone else... Imagine trying to explain to the coppers that you had all your guns stolen cause you didn't have them locked up.

As to checking safes, they still do it, just alot to do i guess. I wouldn't want to get spot checked and not have the safe cause fair bet they will take them away.

Cheers

K.