Walk About Spot Light

moldyform

I also bought the Lightforce battery holder. Cost more then it should have, but it has a dimmer so can use less power when scanning for eye shine, then turn on bright to confirm the target.

And agree, carry a regular touch for backup.

ive got some dodgey brand of spotlite, grandpa gave it to me and just run a 12v battery in a normal backpack and it has never let me down, also an advantage with a backpack is you can fit more rabbits instead of carrying them.

have you had a look at power beam? http://www.powabeam.com.au/categories/Spotlights/ I have 2 types 145 and the 175 they give of a better beam than my mates 170 light force(did over easter) and get your self a rechargable led light for walking around you can even run of the batt in the pack.

If you can afford them go HID they are a round a 35w bulb draw so your batt last 3 times longer and give of a better light http://www.4h.com.au/prod194.htm

Edited by clean kill

moldyform I hope you haven't wasted your money at Jaycar yet! I bought one of those things for a camplight a while back, and they suck! They do not hold a charge well, and are more of a mid-range torch than a spotlight. As someone correctly pointed out, you need to be built like Popeye to carry the bugger around - only once have I used it as a spotlight, and I still have a flatspot on the top of my head from resting it there!

Having said that, I'm a sucker for a bargain. Last weekend Ray's Outdoors had a sale and I picked up a 1,000,000 CP (claimed) rechargeable cordless spotlight for $19.00! Has incredible range, and battery live seems very useable (came with a car charger and AC charger).

Has a standard tripod thread in the bottom of the handle if you want to rig your own scope mount (as some here have done).

For that price if it lasts 12 months I'm happy.