Hunting Boots

A good hunting boot should be comfortable and robust.If you hunt on steep hills,then something with a good ankle support will be needed.All leather upper in 1 piece is required if you hunt blackberry country.

A good hunting boot should be comfortable and robust.If you hunt on steep hills,then something with a good ankle support will be needed.All leather upper in 1 piece is required if you hunt blackberry country.

hey yer i will be hunting mostly foxes and rabbits so i will be in that terrain thanks

what ever u want.

i hunt in newbalance jogers as they are comfy. i have hunted in my steel caped elastic sided rossies. i don't mean flat country i was running up and down hills all day around mudgee.

people in my club hunt in volies as they are the most silent for stalking deer.

moral of the story wear what ever u think is comfy and stick with it.

Hunting need not be all about the 'best everything that is tailored to suit hunting', but more about doing the very best with what you have. Some of the most successful hunters I know just hike in their work boots. We don't require all the very best gear; you have a firearm that suits a particular game, you have clothes and boots, don't worrie about getting some other shoes.

This is my opinion but mate, my left boot makes a squeak sound - it adds to the challenge!

Hunting need not be all about the 'best everything that is tailored to suit hunting', but more about doing the very best with what you have. Some of the most successful hunters I know just hike in their work boots. We don't require all the very best gear; you have a firearm that suits a particular game, you have clothes and boots, don't worrie about getting some other shoes.

This is my opinion but mate, my left boot makes a squeak sound - it adds to the challenge!

I agree. As long as you are IN the boots... :)

My hunting clothes are 10+ yrs old, some of my items are hand-me-downs and 20+ yrs old. (lol).

If the shoes are comfy and do whatever they need to do according to the season and terrain (e.g. keep your feet warm/cool, watertight, ankle support etc etc), I reckon you'll be alright.

I could not gather from your post if those boots are new. If so, it may take some time to break them in. I suggest to pack bandaids and heel blister cushions (the latter have worked miracles for me).

Good luck!

Salomon make a good boot for hiking/hunting/stalking....

I was close to importing a pair of decent hunting boots til I found them at Ray's.

They had all the features I was looking for:

- Good Ankle support

- Sturdy

- Water proof

- Rubber toe (as in the wet your toes are the first to get wet, then cold)

- Lightweight ( you don't want to feel a couple of bricks strapped to your feet whilst hiking in the High Country )

- Comfy good fit (nothing worse than your heal rubbing the boot and getting blisters when you're 4k's from camp)

- Great grip ( Looks like mud terrains on your soles )

All for the modest price of $300! LOL. Sure they weren't cheap, but they wear well if you treat them well enough. I don't plan on buying another set for atleast 5 years.

See how you go, but they've done right by me so far.

Salomon make a good boot for hiking/hunting/stalking....

I was close to importing a pair of decent hunting boots til I found them at Ray's.

How about some more details on these boots ie model name and/or number

Jesus just fell on the floor pmsl good one sculpty

you know a month or so back I posted a pic of boots i bought from Cab`s well the other day they dropped the price a further $10 so I ordered another pair straight away and at $119 AUD delivered for a boot that normally retails for $200 USD they are great value and a blooody good boot...to boot!

One of the lads on the forum also got a pair and he loves em!

119 bucks ffs!

Danner Kestrels.

you know a month or so back I posted a pic of boots i bought from Cab`s well the other day they dropped the price a further $10 so I ordered another pair straight away and at $119 AUD delivered for a boot that normally retails for $200 USD they are great value and a blooody good boot...to boot!

One of the lads on the forum also got a pair and he loves em!

119 bucks ffs!

Danner Kestrels.

Hi Gryphon

Did you get the insulated or non insulated boots

Whats the sizing like on the boots

insulated

sizing is good,I have bought many pr of US boots over the years for all sorts of applications and they fit well,there is never any of that "breaking in" crap either.

If you think that lace up work boots are good you really should try the hunting specific boots that gryph mentioned. I used Caterpillar lace up work boots and they where ok.... then I bought the real deal..... easily the best piece of kit I own. You are in them ALL day so it pays to buy quality IMO.. I can walk up and down some serious mountains and my feet are fine.... seriously comfy! And WAY more grip... Infact it would almost be dangerous to use inferior footwear when walking around with a loaded gun... especially Sambar territory.

my 2c

$119AUD delivered is bloody cheap

I have been using "The Original Swat" boots for work (and hunting). Between $150 and $200 (have heard many different prices). Absolutely brilliant boots, very comfy, very supportive, light, great grip, last forever, laces with zip up sides so they are #### easy to get on and off. I have been wearing them 42 hours a week for the past 12 months (fair amount of walking) and they are only just now starting to show signs of possible replacement (work pays for them :D).

Just another option anyway. A friend made his last 3 years.

Just ordered a pair of Irish Setter Cedar Creek boots from Cabelas $166 AU including delivery. A mate of mine has worn them for years and swears buy them. At that price I cant go wrong, I hope.

Lee

Just ordered a pair of Irish Setter Cedar Creek boots from Cabelas $166 AU including delivery. A mate of mine has worn them for years and swears buy them. At that price I cant go wrong, I hope.

Lee

Mate something is upta shite with the price,I looked at Cab`s and the boots are $89.88 USD plus $20 for freight ....have a look at the currency converter $166 AUD is way over the top mate. it should be as below!

Live rates at 2009.05.25 20:33:38 UTC

109.88 USD

=

140.575 AUD

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0058929831054a.shtml

Cabelas usually charge you about 40% of your order cost in freight

having bought 3 pair of boots (sep orders) from them lately all under $100 USD the total freight for each individual order was $20 USD..cheap and they arrive in five days

tick "surface delivery' and they fly them in anyway..unless they have a real quick boat hahaa