Terrra Combat Boots

hey gents has anybody used the australian army issue boots terra combat boots it says they are waterproof i just dont see how they would be when they have two holes on the side of em how could you cross little creeks and water not get in,,, if you own a pair please put your feedback

hey gents has anybody used the australian army issue boots terra combat boots it says they are waterproof i just dont see how they would be when they have two holes on the side of em how could you cross little creeks and water not get in,,, if you own a pair please put your feedback

Gday mate i am in the army and have used the terras a lot.

They are far from water proof and their durrability is suspect at best the earlier versions have a plastic heal mould that cause significnt bleeding if yiu walk more than two or three steps.

They were a dodgy deal done by the last chief of defence who now has shares in the company who makes them.

They are so #### that they have finaly been discontinued.

However they do somtimes when all they plannets align and for a verry select few poeple work somtimes.

try before you buy and dont pay verry much.

All the guys at work use civie hiking boots myself incleded (scarpas) so i susgest looking there.

I've been wearing a pair for the past 5 years. I have to agree with danh, most guys ended up with blisters and blood and sore feet. Having said that mine are still going strong and work quite well. Can't say they are quiet though and you need to learn how to walk in them without squeaking with every step. It did take me about 2 years to wear them in before which time I used those big thick bandaid things. Find something else I think.

I am ex Army and had no real problem with them. In saying that they had to be the correct size for your feet, sometimes Q stores did not have the exact size so people took the close enough is good enough approach which worked with the old GP's.

When they didn't fit properly that is when your feet got shredded. I still have a pair and they go fine when I am out walking all day. Prefer my Danners though :P

The waterproof 1 way valve is a crock.. can't stop anything when they fall out.

I've got two pairs that I kept when I got out, I wear them just because I have them. The soles fall to bits in no time at all, I killed a pair in 10 weeks at Kapooka (though I'm told they've got better since I got out). Blister wise I've never had a problem, but I've got fairly tough feet and very rarely get blisters. Waterproof? Hah, not a chance in hell. I wouldn't pay for them, but these were free so I'll use them til they are completely stuffed.

hey mate -- have you seen the price of them to us Private Citizens ?? - far better boots available for those dollars

If you can get them for the right price from all reports - if they fit you right they are a good boot ( apparently ) -- its getting the fit right that is not often acheived as mentioned by the other blokes

Gday mate i am in the army and have used the terras a lot.

They are far from water proof and their durrability is suspect at best the earlier versions have a plastic heal mould that cause significnt bleeding if yiu walk more than two or three steps.

They were a dodgy deal done by the last chief of defence who now has shares in the company who makes them.

They are so #### that they have finaly been discontinued.

However they do somtimes when all they plannets align and for a verry select few poeple work somtimes.

try before you buy and dont pay verry much.

All the guys at work use civie hiking boots myself incleded (scarpas) so i susgest looking there.

Personally I have no problem with them, though it mostly depends on your type of foot. There durability depends on the sought of work you do, considering I'm a rifleman boots would be lucky to a year or more. For civvies, at less than $100 a pair there worth investing in, though if your keen you can always spend $300 plus on a top notch pair like Converse or the like.

And lastly there not designed to be water proof, but free draining.

Properly fitting and well broken in (months of use...) they are fine for me, though waterproof they aren't, and they're not light.

I've used pairs for Inf and as general farm work boots.

If you're not shopping army for them you're paying too much though...

RG

hey mate i have a pair, used to get the blisters but not so much any more, paid 75 for mine brand new in a box i got the later edition from aussie dispoals. the guy was telling me it cost the army something like 300 a pr to get made, redback made the later ones i think (going from what he said if hes correct). just make sure you get the right size cause thay aint just normal sizes.

Personally I have no problem with them, though it mostly depends on your type of foot. There durability depends on the sought of work you do, considering I'm a rifleman boots would be lucky to a year or more. For civvies, at less than $100 a pair there worth investing in, though if your keen you can always spend $300 plus on a top notch pair like Converse or the like.

And lastly there not designed to be water proof, but free draining.

You must be in the army as your english and spelling is a lot better.I was going to say just butter up the supply C

If not go the hytest,but you do pay $285 for them and if your not on the ball anyone visiting will nick them from your room when your in the scrub up block.

I have found out they now live in townsville so i hope we cross paths very soon.

There have been several generations of these boots, made by Red Back. They kept getting it wrong - clearly not listening to the troops who had to wear the things. Soles rotting and falling to bits, the stitching up the middle of the heel cup that butchered your feet, a crap lacing system, a sole tread that holds all manner of rocks and sticks and they are pretty heavy.

I have two pairs of US milspec boots - the black Altama jungle boot for work and the Belleville 790 cool weather desert boot. Both crap all over any Aussie made boot I've tried from the old Highmark GP to the Combat Terra. Better in all respects, and they show up on eBay sometimes for not much coin too. Some of the Highmark Taipans aren't bad but I've seen the lining tear out of them too - we get issued them at work.

I was sent a pair of Terra's for trial recently, and I must say I was pretty unimpressed that these are issued to our troops. They seemed to have a ridge/seam right where the back of your heel would be, which would cause carnage on a long walk with new boots.

I think boot choice is a very personal thing. I have worn many types of 'combat' boots in my line of work, and I have never had one type that suited everyone.

As Fenring said, the Altama's are the best jungle boots I have found. The one-way valves actually appear to work. For general hunting use I often wear Magnum Hi-Tech Stealths. For day to day I wear 5.11 boots with polymer hard caps. When I first got he 5.11's I hated them - they made my little toes go numb! After wearing them for a few weeks, they are the most comfortable I have had in a long time.

As some have said, sizing is a big issue. A 12 in one brand is not equal to a 12 in another - and don't be afraid to try half sizes.