New Boots

Just got my new boots from Bass Pro i got the Rocky 9" Sport Utility Max and they look good...This is my second pair of Rocky's the make a good boot..... The sole is the main thing to look at I like an aggressive tread which helps on the steep hills....

post-119-1246484970_thumb.jpg

post-119-1246484988_thumb.jpg

1000 thinsulate mate no i just saw them at basspro and liked them will try them out this weekend..

I have 400 in mine and my feat dont get hot one bit and thats also walking in summer. The main factor for me is when I cross that creek I want to be dry and they do a sensational job of that.

Damn man, your toes are going to be steaming. I purposely wanted low to no insulate in mine. I dont reckon it gets cold enough over here.

How much they set ya back?

I have got the same boots as Gibbo the rocky Bruin 400 thinsulate and I have had cold feet in them.....

I will test them out this weekend to see how they go... They were $150 delivered...

Went for a 6km walk in the new boots and the feet did not get hot at all and were very comfortable....I understand the bush it alot different and you are walking alot harder country....

Went for a hunt on the weekend and wore the new boots I did not get hot feet at all they were nice and warm and at no stage did they feel uncomfortable....I walked around the bush for about 5 hours.. They were good on the steep hills lots of traction.....

Saw 3 Deer 2 hinds and a calf

Hi Guys

Is 1000g insulate too much for NSW? But I hate wet and cold feet. Nothing worse trying to dry out at the fire at night.

I am looking at getting a set of boots from the states, but i'm just a little worried about sizing.

I have been told to go try on boots sizes and then order on that, but someone told me different boots in the same size might not fit me.

I'm thinking Rocky boots as well, so whats the best way to ensure I get the right size

They look good, Rono.

How does the Thinsulate work?

Thinsulate insulation works by trapping air molecules between you and the outside. The more air a material traps in a given space, the greater its insulating value. Because the microfibers in Thinsulate insulation are far finer than other fibers, they trap more air in less space, which naturally makes it a better insulator.

Thinsulate insulation works in footwear, including hiking boots, hunting boots or casual shoes, because it doesn't bog boots down with weight and it absorbs less than 1 percent of its weight in water, it keeps feet warm even in damp conditions.

Mithras ,here are recommended grams of Thinsulate insulation for footwear:

•200 grams* for cool conditions or high activity levels – Recommended for work boots, hiking boots, rubber bottom boots, hunting boots, snowboard boots, alpine ski boots, or athletic winter boots.

•400 grams* for cold conditions or moderate activity levels – Recommended for rubber bottom boots, hiking boots, PAC boots, hunting boots, or work boots.

•600 grams* for very cold conditions – Recommended for hiking boots, work boots, hunting boots or PAC boots.

•800 grams* for extremely cold conditions with light activity levels – Recommended for hunting boots, PAC boots, or work boots.

•1,000+ grams* for extremely cold conditions with light to minimal activity level – Recommended for unique applications requiring additional insulation.

* Grams per square meter of insulation

also its:

•breathable

•moisture-resistant

•both machine washable and dry-cleanable.

•1,000+ grams* for extremely cold conditions with light to minimal activity level – Recommended for unique applications requiring additional insulation.

Rono your feet would have to cook unless you shoot around the snowfields.

Could use them around selwyn though.

Mate read my post my feet were fine nice and warm I walked a heap I am the first bloke to get hot I sweat heaps when walking big hills which I did and the boots were fine i wear thin socks as well which would help to....

Mithras order your boots one size bigger if you are a size 10 in OZ order 11 in the US size

Worm the deer were to good for me on the day mate..... I will be back on the weekend if my young bloke can walk the distance or i can get babysitters...The missus is going away