Help Me Please

shet111

Hi guys,

Once again need to call on your expertise... I bought a Home brew Trail cam kit from Yeticm and last night did all the right things I think but It just wont work!!!

I am desperately wanting to take it with me on Saturday for first hunt at new spot so anyone with some advise can you help me?

Here is the problem, I hacked and modded the camera, soldered the wires etc, built the kit as instructed on the manual and when I power it up it does its warm up phase but for some reason just wont take photo's??? It seances movement because the LED lights up when you walk in front of it. I don't think I damaged the circuitry when I soldered it because If I put the camera back the way it was it works as normal.

It's as though the camera wont power up when it should??

I am using a Sony W55 kit.

Any advice would be great fellas, thanks. :)

I use the yeti cam with a W7....... Assuming all the wiring and the like is correct make sure that you let the camera power down for a good few minutes before you walk past it to see if it takes a photo.

So first thing is to make sure the camera is on the mode to take a photo NOT to view photo (a side note, turn the view finder off to save battery power)

I set all my dip switches to OFF

Turn the power switch on to power up the TC. The red light should flash.

Let the TC power up and sit with NO movement for a few minutes. Make it 5 or 10 for good measure. This activates the sensor so the NEXT movement it detects it will take a photo. It needs to do the above so that when you are setting it up it doesnt take heaps of photos of the operator tying it to a tree but stays inactivated until it detects no movement.

Walk past it and see what happens....

If thats not it, then it will be a wiring issue, most likely the camera mod.

Hey worm thanks mate, big help as usual. I had a closer look and worked out I had soldered the power in the wrong corner.

I fixed that issue turned the TC on and it warmed up and when I walked in front the camera turned on but wouldn't take a photo because i forgot to set time and date, now the up down buttons needed to do this wont work!

I fiddled around got frustrated and blew the ####ING thing up!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :lol:

So I think looking for new camera now hehe and am confident ill get it spot on this time.

Thanks fellas.

Bugga mate. If you need a hand with the soldering let me know mate, ill be happy to help. My W7 is one of the hardest ones to mod as the solder point is tiny.

I know its to late, but the best thing to do is buy the camera, mod it. Test as good as you can that it works and THEN buy the kit... at least then if you stuff the camera mod up you can try again with a different camera and buy whichever kit to suit.

Good luck bud

Bugga mate. If you need a hand with the soldering let me know mate, ill be happy to help. My W7 is one of the hardest ones to mod as the solder point is tiny.

I know its to late, but the best thing to do is buy the camera, mod it. Test as good as you can that it works and THEN buy the kit... at least then if you stuff the camera mod up you can try again with a different camera and buy whichever kit to suit.

Good luck bud

buy a ready made one ! :P

hah, wheres the fun in that. And you save a bit of loot. Although if you mean a factory TC then there really is no comparison. The photo quality is rubbish.

mines ok - its 4.0 megapixel - as good as any photo my normal camera takes. Lighting is the only factor I cant control, but the quality is good enough - I only want it to tell me whats come past.