Waterproofing Cammo Clothing

Just picked up an auscam M65 military style jacket really cheap. It's made out of a poly/cotton blend which is not at all waterproof.

Does anyone know of a product I can use to waterproof, or at least showerproof, the fabric without leaving a horrible chemical smell?

The products I've found so far smell so bad they would defeat the purpose of wearing cammo.

Thanks

You can buy re-waterproofing sprays at some outdoor shops such as mountain designs

Yes, I tried at the local outdoors shop today - the spray they had stank to high-heaven and the 'assistant' had no idea if it would linger. I'll give mountain designs a call on Monday.

Spray some on a test piece of clothing and then leave it for for a week or so. The catch is, our noses aren't too sensitive, so animals may smell it even if you can't.

One thing you might try, get some eucalyptus oil and rub that in as well. If you can't avoid the smell, mask hit with something from the bush (you could also try using deer ####, but from what I hear thats not always a good idea!)

why dont you go to your local gun shop and buy proper waterproof jacket and pants? or do they smell too? :)

It all comes down to $$, sinn.

Thanks guys

It all comes down to $$, sinn.

Thanks guys

Plus 1 you wont get much change out of 3 of those big green smelly ones :lol:

Don't worry about animals smelling it if they smell you'r waterproofing they will definately smell you.Just make shure you can tolerate it

peter

I agree, so much has been said about animals smell and all sort of products that are supposed to hide it. What a lot of rot that is, how the hell can you stop your own body odor escepially when you are doing it tough on the hill. I film wild deer on a regular basis i just try to make sure that my scent is not heading in their direction.