New Spotlight

jh26

Hi fellas been a while since ive been here but I'm home now and it looks like there's been a fair bit going on.

As I said I'm home now and plan on getting back into it, so im after a new spotlight just wondering what everyone is using and what you think of them.

Probably a window mount to as I don't think work will appreciate a hole cut in the roof.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I use a Lightforce and its great, the one i have is the most powerful Lightforce available, not sure if thats the 240 or not, i can't remember.

Anyway, those suction cap roof mounts are a good option to save cutting a hole in your roof, but personally, i hate the things, i can never get the damn thing to stick to the roof, it always falls off mid shoot. Normally i just get another person to stand on the back of the ute and use the spotty manually, thats the way to go i reckon.

I use a Lightforce 170 with a Lightforce Support-a-light and RC225 remote handle mounted out of the vehicle door window.

I can swap this set up from car to car with ease. It never falls off either.

I'm very happy with it and the beam is WAY better than any other spot light, I've ever used. I will probably be upgrading it with a 35w HID kit sometime soon. Then it should be even better than it is.

i bought a cheap one from supercheap and it lasted about 10 hunts then the light went dull and orange so i got a lightforce 150 dollar one and it is going great.

cameron

I use a Lightforce and its great, the one i have is the most powerful Lightforce available, not sure if thats the 240 or not, i can't remember.

Anyway, those suction cap roof mounts are a good option to save cutting a hole in your roof, but personally, i hate the things, i can never get the damn thing to stick to the roof, it always falls off mid shoot. Normally i just get another person to stand on the back of the ute and use the spotty manually, thats the way to go i reckon.

Hi Guys, I have the very same problem as i have found that the suction caps let go after about an hour or so usually at the most inopportune time. Have thought about the magnetic bases instead or in conjunction with the suction bases.the roof line on my vehicle is like most these days with a slight curve to the sides which means you need to mount the suction bases further back away from the light it self. The only other thing is that perhaps the roof mounted suction cups are only for the 170's and not for the much larger 240's.Have even tried and extra suction cup still failed but it took longer to fail.

I had noticed that there was a new kit for the lightforce spotlight mentioned to upgrade them,can anyone give me any more details etc as they are a very good light to start with.

If I was to say that there was a floor with them it would be the fact that you get so much flare on the screen from them and an accessorry in the form of a shroud would be a real bonus.At the moment I have been using a cardboard cut and taped into place and it works just fine.

Regards

Hi Guys, I have the very same problem as i have found that the suction caps let go after about an hour or so usually at the most inopportune time. Have thought about the magnetic bases instead or in conjunction with the suction bases.the roof line on my vehicle is like most these days with a slight curve to the sides which means you need to mount the suction bases further back away from the light it self. The only other thing is that perhaps the roof mounted suction cups are only for the 170's and not for the much larger 240's.Have even tried and extra suction cup still failed but it took longer to fail.

Those magnetic bases sound good, i never knew they existed.

When i did use the suction caps, they were used on my landcruiser, and as you might know, the roof of a landcruiser has ridges along the top. This makes it hard to find a place to stick them. Those suction caps really need to be mounted on a flat roof.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. Looks like there is a lot of support for the lightforce, Ive been looking at the powabeam mainly because they are Aussie made. Does anyone use them if so what do you think.

A bloke at work put me on to a lad that is selling powerbeam an he is quite cheap compared to the shops. The down side is he doesnt hold much stock. But at the moment he has a few 9" HID and a window mount im looking at. He showed me his 9" HID in action and holly S*&$ I want one.

If I decide on the standard 1 he will just order it no worries though

So Im looking at buying them as well as a 145mm mobile kit with the Hand held 145mm light and battery bag and charger.

But Im just letting the missus know about it in dribs and drabs.

I run a 11" Pro Powerbeam and its very bright, cretainly brighter than 240 Lightforce when ran side by side. Only problems are the beam is very concertrated (narrow) which is good/bad depending on the terrain and its f$#%&@* big & heavy. This and a Blazalight handle will be mounted through the Rodeo's roof very soon (from a window mount), but may end up switching to a Lightforce solely due to the weight (and wind drag) issues that may not work too well with the dual cabs flimsy roof.

I recieved my 9" powabeam HID and window mount so I took i out last night.

I took it out last night and it is bloody terrific for the extra the HID costs I can defiantly warrant the cost.

Although old mate I got it from is quite cheap he beat everywhere by a good amount.

Next month Im geting the mobile 145mm kit he has one in stock he showed me and the battery is not as bulky as thought it would be so im getting that and a scope mount for it to walk around after rabbits with the 22 or shotgun.

Very happy indeed :D :D

Lightforce #### all over the other brands of spotties, i use a 240 Lightforce a great light the beam is unrealy and its an awsome carry light, light in wwait and also makes it alot easy to use while shooting. only thing is me and my mate have 1 each and his kept blowing fuses and bulbs, he then installed a "dimmer" that they sell and it cuts back the power of the light, good item. in saying that i hadnt blown a fuse or buld for the 18 months i've had it until the other night. being from tassie we spotlight roo. we had shot 45 and had another lined up when the spottie jsut cut out couldnt work it out and somehow it blew the fuse and the bulb. stuff the light up for the night. usually on a good trip up north we get 180 a trip

My mate has a Powerbeam and yes it is brighter and puts out a longer beam. But it doesnt have a handle and is extremely heavy and cant be used other than on the window mount. My 240 can be used any way I like all I need is the different assesories for different uses.

And why buy mounts when they are so easy to make.

DSCF4924.jpg

Edited by Dungbeatle

I love the Lightforce lights, they are light and easy to use and throw out a nice bright, strong beam. I have an SL170 and it is brilliant.