Latest Addition's To My Kit

shet111

Just got these in the mail last week.

post-5624-1251886637_thumb.jpg post-5624-1251886625_thumb.jpg

The boots I got from Cabela's delivered for $235.00AU, a very fair price to pay for something that may last 7 or 8 years! They are Irish Setter Tarmac 10", with 400gram gortex and fully water proof. They are AWESOME! I wore them for the first time on a the weekend for around 6 hours in fairly steep rocky country with showers off and on all day and my feet were bone dry and warm. They gave me much more confidence traversing into steep gully's and did not require any break in. They were also very quiet! I went to a shop on Burnley Street in Richmond called Red Wing Shoes and they want $525 pingers to import a pair!

As for the sleeping bag, It stung me $360.00AU delivered.... also a fair price to pay IMO for something I plan to use backpack hunting. I haven't tried it yet but next weekend ill do two nights in it out of Mansfield, not far from Bulla... we shall see how I go. It is made buy The North Face and is called The Blue Kazoo!

Here are the specs:

Comfort rating -9 degrees Celsius

Average weight -1.33 kilograms for Long 1.25 kilograms for regular

Shell Ripstop nylon

Fill 600-fill goose down

Lining Nylon taffeta

Fits up to 6 ft. 6 in.

Shoulder girth 64 inches

Hip girth 60 inches

Stuff sack size 8 x 17 inches

Shape Mummy

Should do me good I think, cant wait to crawl into the bag after a few cans in the crisp mountain air. :D

Bring on the Backpack hunts!!! :D

I have the North Face Bag Snow Shoe, its a super warm bag but im a very cold sleeper and its perfect. The North Face bags are built to a very high standard. You wont be dissapointed. I slept a cold night in the bush last week in my swag and had a nice warm sleep didnt wake once.

Those books look really good will have a look at those for my next pair

Bought a Fairydown Everest bag many years ago and while others I have hunted with have frozen their asses off in the NZ mountains I have been nice and warm and on some occaisons hot - best bag I have ever owned

Warm sleeping bags are THE best. mine is rated at -7 to -12 from memory. In the swag, its almost that good I dont want to get out... but mines a big one which is useless for backpacking.

I still dont know how you go with insulated boots. My feet where sweating pretty bad on Wednesday after a pretty hard 5km walk through tee tree and the like. Granted it was 20 degrees but that was with un-insulated boots. Maybe I just feel it more *shrugs*

How good does it feel shet when you are expecting some hunting goodies in the mail