Gun Safe At Bunnings!

Duncs

Saw a gun safe at Bunnings yesterday! Digital combination lock, separate ammo compartment and room for 5 rifles all for $400.

Not sure of the brand but it looked sturdy enough.

Its titled an "executive safe"? Go figure!

Anyway, take a look if you're interested. This was at the Moorabbin (vic) store on Warrigal road. Not sure if all stores will stock them.

I wonder if the construction and locking method would pass police inspection

Given that we can use an old school locker as long as its fixed to the wall, then the answer is a definite yes.

I should have written the brand down (sorry). But if I didn't already have one, I would have seriously considered on of these.

Hi Duncs,

Was It a "Lane" safe? I got a Lane with the same specs for $299. from my local "Home Hardware". All steal construction ,electronic key pad plus key lock. The door is 5mm and sides are 3mm and has three locking bolts. It has a lockable box inside but I bought another small one with the same locking specks for $35. for my ammo.

Chris :ph34r: :ph34r:

I work at a Home Hardware store and Lane have gun safes that you would most likely see at stores. They have just recently released a new range of gun safes. A few different sizes up to an 8 or 10 safe off memory. They are approved for storing guns under the regs to..

Given that we can use an old school locker as long as its fixed to the wall, then the answer is a definite yes.

You can't do that in WA - Ah our uniform gunlaws at work once again :D

Hi Duncs,

Was It a "Lane" safe? I got a Lane with the same specs for $299. from my local "Home Hardware". All steal construction ,electronic key pad plus key lock. The door is 5mm and sides are 3mm and has three locking bolts. It has a lockable box inside but I bought another small one with the same locking specks for $35. for my ammo.

Dunno mate sorry. I'll take a look next time I'm in one (which should be soon).

all bunnigs sell them just not all stock them due to demand. i don't think they are lane i thiink they are sanford?????????? i am almost possitive they would be fine but whether they are the cheapest is still much to be desired.

Saw a gun safe at Bunnings yesterday! Digital combination lock, separate ammo compartment and room for 5 rifles all for $400.

Not sure of the brand but it looked sturdy enough.

Its titled an "executive safe"? Go figure!

Anyway, take a look if you're interested. This was at the Moorabbin (vic) store on Warrigal road. Not sure if all stores will stock them.

That is a bit of a rip. $400 for a 5 gun safe at Bunnings. I got my 5 gun safe with keypad, ammo compartment etc for $275. I seriosly doubt a Bunnings stocked unit would be much better in construction??

I've seen 5 gun safes advertised at Mitre 10, Bunnings and Homw Hardware a lot lately.

They would be legal. But they didn't look too good quality wise. My Buffalo River 5 gun safe cost me $299 a couple of years ago and can still be bought for $399 at my LGS now.

I work at a Home Hardware store and Lane have gun safes that you would most likely see at stores. They have just recently released a new range of gun safes. A few different sizes up to an 8 or 10 safe off memory. They are approved for storing guns under the regs to..

thats interesting. will have to check it out when i have time.

Any idea on prices for the 8 and/or 10?

Hi guys! Lane only make a 5 gun safe! Did some more looking at work! Haha! Sandleford make a 3/5/8/10 gun safes and let me tell you they are definately not the cheapest around!! Even for me to buy one with my staff discount they are still up there... Honestly you would probably get a better deal at your LGS..

Cheers.

Dazz.

Yup - checked today - definitely Lane brand.

Yep they are Lane brand.

I checked one out last week. They are actually advertised as a 6 gun safe with optional shelving inserts. When the staff member opened the safe for me I thought 6 gun capacity my big foot... For the bucks outlayed a Buffalo River or Big Iron would be cheaper and far better and secure IMO, also more generous and realistic with per gun capacity.