Ultrafire Wf-008 "recoil" Led Torch

fenring

just a querie on the ultafire as when you look at them on ebay the site says only to be used on airsoft rifles not on "real rifles" so what is the go?

cheers

They may not be built strong enough for the recoil.

But more likely with will handle it fine, it's just a disclaimer so if any damage is done you can't claim on the warranty.

it is to do with import export duties ;)

i asked them that question

fenring, or anyone else, just wondering if you have compared the edi-t P4 to the eagletac or ultrafire?

No. I have an EDI-T P4 250, but haven't got either of the other two to compare with it.

Hi mate, I've made my own special one, but this one works OK with a scope up to 50mm and is tool free to get on / off and takes up little room on your scope:

Down the bottom of the page.

http://accurateshooters.com.au/headhunter_hunting_lights.htm

Thanks for that mate. Would love to see a pic of what you came up with if you could be fagged putting one up :D

fenring, or anyone else, just wondering if you have compared the edi-t P4 to the eagletac or ultrafire?

The P4 uses an aspheric lens which shines a very tight, bright, square beam like the Ultrafire does (though the P4 is focusable).

The Eagletac uses a regular reflector and lens and won't shoot as tight a spot as the Ultrafire or the P4 when the focus on the P4 is set tight.

I use my Ultrafire recoil thrower on the HMR when I want more reach and use the Eagletac on the .22 when I know I won't be shooting past about 75m, want more spread or for when I want a powerful general use light.

I myself am not keen on the AAA batteries that the P4 uses, though this criticism might have been mitigated by EDI's new lights that use a rechargeable 18650 battery like the other lights in question do. These are the P8, P15 and P16.

I have no complaints at all about battery life in the P4. Mine last very well.

I ordered an Eagletac T100C2 MKII last week, so will be able to compare them once I receive it.

As Fenring said the P4 on full focus has a very tight bright square. In fact it is focused tight enough, that you can even make out the individual elements of the LED. My only real criticism of the P4 is that it has a sliding focus, which can be knocked easily. I would prefer it to have a screw in, screw out focus like Mag lights have. It wouldn't move so easily then.

The P4 makes a great general purpose torch though. Pull the focus ring right back and you get a strong, bright flood area. Which is great for opening and closing farm gates at night and other uses around a camp.

With all this talk of scope mounted LED lights and HMR'd cottontails (Fenring :angry: ), i should have a new EDI-T P15-250, charger, spare battery and the scope mount mensioned above in my grubby mitts tomorrow, and hopefully take it and the Marlin hummer for a run on the conies next weekend :D

This is my set up, works well light small and worked out cheap.

I didnt want a big light for a 22 this is only 10 mtrs but it was easy to demonstrate how good it is.

The other bit is the laser, i use the light then turn it off with the laser on target, saves the light, both have a pressure switch.

All off ebay folks. and you can see a target @ 100 mtrs the laser says its rated to 1500 mtrs? dont know after all its a 22.

Cheers.

I haven't looked at the EDI-T web site for a while. I notice that there are several new models. They look good, however they all have push-pull focus. I much prefer a twist focus, as the push-pull focus gets knocked too easily.

hey Fen,

As always you come up with all the great info and reviews... i have to throw this guy into the LED ring... Found them at the R'glen deer expo the other month.. Rated at 440 lumens, the demo seemed good, but they a fair bit bigger that the LENSER P7 (closer to a P14 for size) but they salesman reckons good for 200m easily, and has shot a shiteload of pigs under his... Not sure at $135 is a big gamble..... here's the link http://steveshuntingworld.com.au/images/product/TORCH%20LARGE.JPG (hope it works..)

Seriuosly considering the ultrafire though for the HMR.. As the LENSER P7 just isn't quite good enough.....

hey Fen,

As always you come up with all the great info and reviews... i have to throw this guy into the LED ring... Found them at the R'glen deer expo the other month.. Rated at 440 lumens, the demo seemed good, but they a fair bit bigger that the LENSER P7 (closer to a P14 for size) but they salesman reckons good for 200m easily, and has shot a shiteload of pigs under his... Not sure at $135 is a big gamble..... here's the link http://steveshuntingworld.com.au/images/product/TORCH%20LARGE.JPG (hope it works..)

Seriuosly considering the ultrafire though for the HMR.. As the LENSER P7 just isn't quite good enough.....

Hey Leif i just got the two i ordered today i'm going to put one on my .22 and the other on my .22 250. If you like i can send one up to you so you can test it out i get free satchels from work so posting is no biggie. Pm if your interested mate.

Adam

Hi guys, that looks a lot like some of the larger Solarforce or Ultrafire models.

http://www.solarforcestore.com/servlet/the-1417/SSC-P7/Detail

One light I have played with that belongs to a mate is the Solarforce Pro1 turbo head.

http://www.solarforce-usa.com/product.sc?productId=77&categoryId=1

It fits onto various Solarforce bodies and it will outhrow my Ultrafire recoil thrower by about another 30% or more, and with usable spill to go with it. Quite a large head on it though but I made a mount up that works.

Rick1970, interested to see how your new EDI goes, their new models look pretty good.