What Sort Of Camera's Do People Take Hunting

pig.slayer

Just out of interest what do you guys (and ladies) use for a camera when hunting.

There are some very good pictures taken.

I'm slowly getting more into photography and am interested in getting some really good live animal pictures.

I have the usual small canon point and shoot thing with 3x zoom.

It's a nice camera which is great for pictures of dead stuff and general pictures.

Also we have a Canon 450d with 4 different lenses.

I just brought a Canon 70-200mm F/4 L series lens which is great but the thing is a bit bulky in the field. (not that heavy but the size is a bit long)

Great when just taking pictures but with a pack, bino's and rifle the gear list just gets bigger........

Well wat do ya use ?????

Canon SX1 reason for its selection is the HD video and still camera in one with 20x optical zoom. Compact enough to carry but I would much rather a good slr with HD built in as Im finding its limitations in poor light, but cantexpect it to do too much for the price.

I run a Canon Powershot 4MP for general utility stuff, a Nikon F100 SLR for film work, a Nikon D200 Digital SLR for the high end digis and a sealife 10MP in an aquatica housing for diving. A Panasonic video cam. 4 X Scoutguard game cameras

Geez, start listing all your toys and you soon realise why you have no money. There's about $10k right there not including extra lenses.

Canon Powershot A590... Good camera. 8mp, 4xZoom.

Something small enough that I can stuff it in my pocket in a hurry, but powerful enough that I can take long exposures, manually focus or whatever. Good for taking shots through my NV gear too!

Has a 640x480 res 30fps movie mode that's quite useful too.

David

is there a good camera that dosnt cost over 500 bucks ? cheers pete

Yeah mate, hundreds of em. Stick with brandnames. You are probably limited to point and shoot, compact style but they are taking quality pics these days. Look at the Sony Cybershot....Canon Powershot, Nikon Coolpix etc. $500.00 will get you a ripper.

thanks for that stalker i would love to take some pics of me and my dad hunting. pete

And we would love to see them mate.

I have a Fuji Finepix S5700 7.1 Meg stills camera and a Pentax MZ-5N 35mm SLR. But I don't use the Pentax any more.

I also have a Canon MD120 miniDV and a Samsung VP-D381 miniDV video camera. Both of which I picked up off of ebay very cheap. The Canon was used, but in very good condition, while the Samsung was brand new and still in its original packaging. It was an unwanted wedding present. I wasn't looking to buy two cameras, but I bid on three at the same time and won two of the auctions. LOL

I take a 10Mp Olympus Mju waterproof , shockproof , dustproof etc etc, stick in a 2 gig memory card and you won't fill it up in a week of hunting.

Does reasoable video , but being virtually unbreakable I go with it rather than something that can and will fail.