Mounting A Torch - Scope Or Barrel?

Natator

So, you have your nice new bright torch.

You have the option of using a rat's tail (i.e. the remote lead to turn it on/off).

Assuming you have, or can get, both a scope mount or a barrel mount for the torch ....

Where would prefer to have it?

and

Why?

Guest caveman

personally like the scope, why just one of those things that stick with you, was always told anything touching the barrel can affect POI,

btw i have 3 of these mounts for sale $22.50 posted ONO

depends on you really.

on the barrel it will make off hand shooting harder as there is more weight on the front arm.

mounting it on the scope brings the weight back and is more comfortable to shoot with.

scope mounting would be my 1st option. the only thing holding you back is the available space on the scope tube to clamp it due to fixed bases etc or even turrent height... then you might be stuck putting it on the barrel.

Barrel is not that bad you don't need a remote lead as your front hand can turn it on or off quickly

It depends a bit on the situation.

I prefer to scope mount on my rifles. But, I have barrel mounted my torch to my Winchester shotgun.

Im not happy to mount to my barrel so i went for a scope that will accept a torch as well as a laser.

Best way to go, they are not expensive its all in the 1 place.

You will find them on ebay they are electronic and they work well.

Why hang things off a barrel? years ago we had no choice we had to mount to the barrel with a 9d cell torch, this did not help the rifle at all must have dam near bent it.

Im not happy to mount to my barrel so i went for a scope that will accept a torch as well as a laser.

I assume they each have their own bracket attached to the scope.

How have you got them both arranged, do you have a photo?

No i dont have a pic but ill find the site on ebay and give you the item number.

The scope is made with 4x 20mm rails on it, top bottom and sides, you can attach 3 items to the rails all at the same time.

The guy i got mine off is called Lamps4us free postage out of hong kong Item number is 250602755859.

Just type the item number in the serch bar on ebay and it will show you what im talking about.

he is also the guy i got the laser off as well as the torch all fit onto the scope, good to deal with but it can take a while to turn up at times. They are a good cheap mill dot scope with options.

They are based on the walther design.I have the torch on the left side away from my face, and the laser on the right

just to balance it out a bit.

Hope this helps cheers.

personally like the scope, why just one of those things that stick with you, was always told anything touching the barrel can affect POI,

btw i have 3 of these mounts for sale $22.50 posted ONO

pm sent

I have a led lenser police tech kit with the barrel mount and rat tail switch it works very well

where abouts did you get the light from mate? did you get the mount and rat tail switch from the same place? cheers Dan