New Torch

Hi guys.

Got my new torch today from DEALS EXTREME and holy $hit this torch is awesome. I was going to buy a wolf eyes and then i heard about this site and purchased an UltraFire WF-008 aswell as Velcro barrel/scope mounter. All up it cost me $28 for both items and lets just say I was out the front tonight and this torch threw a beam out i would estimate at 100 meters. I think a neighbour came out up the street wondering what was going on. Fuc*ing stoked right now!!!!!

Torch + Barrel/Scope Mounter

IMG_2991.jpg

Torch on

IMG_2989.jpg

Watch out Feral Cats

IMG_2986.jpg

Edited by Jason_Aus

jason

Does that velcro keep the torch off the barrel?

If it was me i would go the mount that is made for a torch all ally and you can protect your barrel from scratching.

By putting something between the mount and barrel. i have used an oiled 4bie patch.

I went away from barrel mount to scope mount just to keep it all in balance a bit more, Each time you put the gun down the torch was in the way of something.

jason

Does that velcro keep the torch off the barrel?

If it was me i would go the mount that is made for a torch all ally and you can protect your barrel from scratching.

By putting something between the mount and barrel. i have used an oiled 4bie patch.

I went away from barrel mount to scope mount just to keep it all in balance a bit more, Each time you put the gun down the torch was in the way of something.

Yeah mate it does. It has a small rubber concurve semi circle that when you tighten the strap it sits really tight. the rubber would be against the barrel or scope but its soft and wouldnt scratch or affect the barrel at all.

Trust me this toch is awesome and i was out last night in the front yard waking neighbours up. For the price of the wolf eyes or lightforce I can buy 8 of these for the price of 1 wolf eyes etc. Now i cant vouch for battery life or durability as it may breakdown in 2 weeks who knows. as of now though this toch is mega awesome for $25 and free shipping.

Jason I agree with the Ultrafire value for money equation. I bought an Ultrafire $17.50 jobbie when my wife "lost" my P7. It's nowhere near the P7 in build quality and distance of beam but as a camp light or walk out of the bush light, very good. AAA batteries too but I haven't run down my first set yet so they maybe quite good for battery life.

P7 now "found" down the side of the couch. Doesn't hurt to have a few torches as well as knives and firearms.

Grant

Jason I agree with the Ultrafire value for money equation. I bought an Ultrafire $17.50 jobbie when my wife "lost" my P7. It's nowhere near the P7 in build quality and distance of beam but as a camp light or walk out of the bush light, very good. AAA batteries too but I haven't run down my first set yet so they maybe quite good for battery life.

P7 now "found" down the side of the couch. Doesn't hurt to have a few torches as well as knives and firearms.

Grant

Sam I already purchased a P& LED LENSER aswell just waiting for it to arrive. If its better than the ultrafire then great but if not it was 60% higher in price. It better give me 60% extra light lol

Glad you like it Jason. Is yours the single mode torch like mine or the three mode with low, high and strobe?

As for runtime, I have run mine for up to four hours on one cell without noticing much dimming.

Dude mine is the 3 mode medium, high and strobe version. Its still awesome I love it. Will wait to see what the LED lenser P7 puts out when i get it

I'd be interested to hear how the P7 goes when you get it. I was looking a getting that and there are some pretty good vids on it on Youtube. A fellow shooter's opinion would be good though. Just trying to justify the price to myself too, the cheapest P7 I have seen was about $100.

I'd be interested to hear how the P7 goes when you get it. I was looking a getting that and there are some pretty good vids on it on Youtube. A fellow shooter's opinion would be good though. Just trying to justify the price to myself too, the cheapest P7 I have seen was about $100.

Gee they have gone up then! Bought mine Ebay I think about $75 from Honkers.

Grant

mate, I been using the P7 for a while now and they go really well. Just have to keep the batteries fresh. The only thing is the weight. With 4 batteries they have a bit of mass to them, so if your gonna mount it on the scope of a centrefire like a 243 or 308 then make sure the scope and mounts are up to it. 22LR or hummer it's not an issue. The low power setting comes in handy for long grass. On high too much light gets bounced back in your face and washes out the bunnies eye shine, but the low setting lets you still see the eye shine but you don't get blinded.

Also, beware the cheap listed P7s.. they might be the old generation which doesn't throw as much light.

Hey Jase I got mine last night and soon as it was dark went with a mate to some bush to check em out. BLOODY FANTASTIC is all i can say, they throw a beam well past a 100m we even picked up some possum eyes out at about 250-300. I thought i noticed a bit of fade after an hour but it could of been the reflection of the city lights in the cloud cover as the night seemed to get brighter.

The only downside is the three mode thing, pi55ed me off having to always tap through to high.

You were right too Fen high beam seemed to spook the rabbits a bit we could lot closer on low, the strobe appeared to dazzle a few as well.

Yarrum go to fleabay(ebay) they have them on there from asia. Mate to be brutally honest the P7 has got a lot of work to do to knock the ultrafire off its perch at the moment. $28 compared to $80 is a big difference

Hey Jase I got mine last night and soon as it was dark went with a mate to some bush to check em out. BLOODY FANTASTIC is all i can say, they throw a beam well past a 100m we even picked up some possum eyes out at about 250-300. I thought i noticed a bit of fade after an hour but it could of been the reflection of the city lights in the cloud cover as the night seemed to get brighter.

The only downside is the three mode thing, pi55ed me off having to always tap through to high.

You were right too Fen high beam seemed to spook the rabbits a bit we could lot closer on low, the strobe appeared to dazzle a few as well.

I might use the strobe to freak them(rabbits) out and make them do crazy stuff before shooting them. My female room mate last night complained she had a migraine cuz i shined the strobe in her face... POW!!!!! hahahahah.... She always is a drama queen though, always complaining of something :-)

Yeah im stoked with mine and wonder what the battery life is... Id check but at $10 per battery i dont want to waste it.... i might get the charger and back up batteries as per the above post from deals extreme

Edited by Jason_Aus

Yarrum go to fleabay(ebay) they have them on there from asia. Mate to be brutally honest the P7 has got a lot of work to do to knock the ultrafire off its perch at the moment. $28 compared to $80 is a big difference

My only worry with getting a P7 from Asia is you don't know whether you're getting the real thing. I was thinking of putting it on a .22 cz. Interesting to note that some of you blokes say that the beam could be too powerful and freak the rabbits out. Lower power saves on batteries though I guess. I take it at $10 a battery that the Ultrafire uses some sort of obscure battery? I would be willing to lose $28 on a chance with the Ultrafire but I dunno about $80.

Then again might put the $28 toward a P7 and buy it local. Thanks for the responses.

My only worry with getting a P7 from Asia is you don't know whether you're getting the real thing. I was thinking of putting it on a .22 cz. Interesting to note that some of you blokes say that the beam could be too powerful and freak the rabbits out. Lower power saves on batteries though I guess. I take it at $10 a battery that the Ultrafire uses some sort of obscure battery? I would be willing to lose $28 on a chance with the Ultrafire but I dunno about $80.

Then again might put the $28 toward a P7 and buy it local. Thanks for the responses.

get the ultrafire dude.. trust me its awesome

cool tourch looks like good bang for buck mate, but i will stick with mi maglight duct taped to the rifle lol nah looks spot on, i seen on the sight u bought it from they had scope touch mounting kits for like $5 how come u didnt get one of those also? can u post an exact link to the torch ya bought mate?

I might use the strobe to freak them(rabbits) out and make them do crazy stuff before shooting them. My female room mate last night complained she had a migraine cuz i shined the strobe in her face... POW!!!!! hahahahah.... She always is a drama queen though, always complaining of something :-)

Hey, you can keep strobing her until she offers favours for you to stop... :lol:

Yeah im stoked with mine and wonder what the battery life is... Id check but at $10 per battery i dont want to waste it.... i might get the charger and back up batteries as per the above post from deals extreme

I highly recommend it. My Eagletac takes the same 18650 batteries as the Ultrafire, as do many other good torches. With two fully charged batteries you could hunt from dusk until dawn on full power if you have the urge.

As it is I've run my Ultrafire for about 3.5 hours before I noticed any appreciable and practical dimming.

On low I imagine it would run a LOT longer.

I know my Eagletac will run on low for about 14 hours and even on low I can pop bunnies at 50m with the .22 and it's only 55 lumens on low - the tight centre spot is what makes it work. And on low it seems to spook the bunnies a bit less if they are a bit cagey.

Hey, you can keep strobing her until she offers favours for you to stop... :lol:

I highly recommend it. My Eagletac takes the same 18650 batteries as the Ultrafire, as do many other good torches. With two fully charged batteries you could hunt from dusk until dawn on full power if you have the urge.

As it is I've run my Ultrafire for about 3.5 hours before I noticed any appreciable and practical dimming.

On low I imagine it would run a LOT longer.

I know my Eagletac will run on low for about 14 hours and even on low I can pop bunnies at 50m with the .22 and it's only 55 lumens on low - the tight centre spot is what makes it work. And on low it seems to spook the bunnies a bit less if they are a bit cagey.

I just got my LED LENSER P7 today. Will post up photos and see how it goes after dark.

Well after receiving my P7 LED LENSER I am going to give you guys the heads up.

I took the P7 out the front and shined it up the street approx 100 metres away. It does a great job but the pattern is wider than the CREE ultrafire at the same distance and washes out after about 80-100 metres. I have decided to use the P7 as a general torch or back up and the ultrafire as the scope mountable gun spot lighter.

The Ultrafire from DEALS EXTEME kicks the p7 out of the water both in throwing ability and also the concentration beam is really tight. I suspect the ultrafire would be good to see fox/rabbits eyes to over 300 meters. Its recoil throwing beam is second to none and really is built for the rifle mounting spotlight.

In saying that the P7 would be better for general purpose use around the campfire and also when walking through the bush. Youcan use one hand to turn it on and also adjust the light from a tight beam to a washed out full open lighting. The ultrafire has only 1 beam and you cannot turn the head to change it to a wider angle lighting situation.

I am happy with both.. so to finish

1. Ultrafire WF-008 the best for rifle/scope mounting

2. P7 Led Lenser is better for general torch work as it has a push/pill head that can go from a hard beam to a washed out wider close proximity beam.

3. P7 usses 4x AAA batteries

4. P7 comes with a sturdy soft pouch

go with both you cant go wrong

100_3333.jpg

100_3338.jpg

Edited by Jason_Aus