New Torch

I agree Jason.

A general purpose torch with some spill is handy to have as well as a dedicated shooting light.

Agreed the P7 is awesome but in rifle mounting the Ultrafire craps all over it. Now we just have to see how long it last and see fi the durability is there or not. Then again i look after my stuff and don't throw it around so unless there is a globe or electrical wiring issue or cheap wires.parts then we should be all good to go.

I might even do a video in my lounge-room on both lights. Ill do it by weeks end and go from there..

Edited by Jason_Aus

Deal extreme is a awesome site.... I love just browsing all the junk on it haha My credit card takes a pounding when im done from that site.

I bought a couple of the flint fire starters for $5! The last one I bought cost me $15 from Rays

I have a few torches from them and they are great. One of the big ones is 900 lumens and it throws a massive amount of light. Although it uses 4 cr123 (or whatever they are) batteries so its a tad heavy. I prefer the light from a Xenon globe but they run out of puff before the Cree varieties.

Hi Jason

Not bad for the price eh? I paid around 100 bucks for my 200 lumen P7, which I thought wasn't too bad considering a local Knife shop wanted $150+ for one

Your review of this torch has had me scanning the pages of DealsExtreme. Man they're cheap.

I like the Romisen RC-B12 (230 lumens) which has a pressure switch and UV mode to help track a blood trail: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16847

Plus, the scope mount: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5819 - looks very sturdy.

For a spottie, I like the Romisen RC-T6 500 lumen torch. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15685

Both of these can be run on rechargeable LiIon batteries, which are very cheap on this website as well.

Dave

Edited by 60Twin

60twin, that scope mount really only works for barrel mounting or for very skinny torches - I got one and ended up using it as a barrel mount on my old Lithgow .22 as the torch when mounted on the scope lit the front sight up too much.

60twin, that scope mount really only works for barrel mounting or for very skinny torches - I got one and ended up using it as a barrel mount on my old Lithgow .22 as the torch when mounted on the scope lit the front sight up too much.

Cheers Fenrig

My new Eageltac T100C2 MKII arrived in the post yesterday.

I'll run it on CR123A batteries to start with, but might buy a couple of the 18650 batteries and a charger later on.

I'll buy some batteries after work tonight and try it out.

My torch arrived yesterday, that real cheap one of eBay, it's great cost $11 thats including postage, gets light out very well to 50 and still able to spot bunnies out to 100 great for the 22 :)

My new Eageltac T100C2 MKII arrived in the post yesterday.

I'll run it on CR123A batteries to start with, but might buy a couple of the 18650 batteries and a charger later on.

I'll buy some batteries after work tonight and try it out.

Holy Hell!!!

Those CR123A batteries cost $14.95 each!!

So two batteries to run the Eagletac cost near enough to $30!!

So I went on ebay last night and bought 2 18650 batteries and a charger from a seller on the east coast, for $23.

Holy Hell!!!

Those CR123A batteries cost $14.95 each!!

So two batteries to run the Eagletac cost near enough to $30!!

So I went on ebay last night and bought 2 18650 batteries and a charger from a seller on the east coast, for $23.

link please...

the cheapest ive found cr123a is like $10 each...

+1 for the Ultrafire. I too initially purchased a P7 and a H7 for hunting. Both a good torches for around the camp and or finding down game, but as far as torch hunting goes..... YOU CAN'T BEAT THE ULTRAFIRE.... So much torch for the little price.

Our local battery shop sells the cr123 for $7.50 each, but now i'm looking at the 18650 instead. LOVE THAT TORCH

Deals extreme sells rechargeable CR123A's and chargers.

The chargers do come with American style plugs, but the one I bought uses a standard "Figure 8" connection (old radios and stereo systems used them). I happened to have one of these cables with Australia plugs. So I just ignored the supplied cable and used my own.

And you can still buy these cables in Aust.

For reference, figure 8 plug - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereo-Figure-connection-Vision-Receiver/dp/B0021JHMDQ

Gee!!

That's a good price!

I went to every business in town during the week and found the Mitre 10 store to be the cheapest at $14.30 each.

link please...

the cheapest ive found cr123a is like $10 each...

I just did a search for "18650 batteries" on ebay.

I'll just pull up the seller though:

18650 batteries + charger

The charger has a US plug and runs on both 100v-240v. The batteries are Ultrafire 2400mAh Li-Ion batteries.

I just did another search and got a US/EU to Aus/NZ adapter for about $4 delivered.

I have the Dereelight DBS-V3 with the aspheric lens (collimator head). Now this torch kicks ass. I use the 18650 battery also.

Amazing how far torches have come along.