Prices For Optics

Hi all. Has everyone else on here found how much of a rip off prices in Aus are for optics, bino's etc? eg: Bushnell 10x42 Bino's, $300+ here, $129 in the US or $89 on special in US. Scopes, Tasco Pronghorn 4x32 $75-95 here or $30 US. as much as i wanna support our economy, maybe our economy needs to look at its pricing. Has anyone dealt with OpticsPlanet in the US? good service, delivery?

Cheers, Grimace

Hi all. Has everyone else on here found how much of a rip off prices in Aus are for optics, bino's etc? eg: Bushnell 10x42 Bino's, $300+ here, $129 in the US or $89 on special in US. Scopes, Tasco Pronghorn 4x32 $75-95 here or $30 US. as much as i wanna support our economy, maybe our economy needs to look at its pricing. Has anyone dealt with OpticsPlanet in the US? good service, delivery?

Cheers, Grimace

I ordered a Konus pro 6-24 X44 from opticsplanet and it arrived in 6 days, don't know how much I saved but it's what I wanted so I got it.good company to deal with and answer emails asap.

My next scope will come from them as well.

A lot of US shops are realizing the mailorder market and catering for us.

If I didn't get such a good deal with the CED M2 chrony from Qld gun exchange I would of got that OS too.

One gun store here in Wa have the RCBS chrony for $100 more than qld gun exchange, when I told them they said I should buy it from them as they won't match it or fix it if it ever needs repairs.

I'll stop now as it gets my blood boiling, I believe everyone should make a dollar but there is profit and then there is insane profit. what gets me is they say buy astralian and save aussie jobs , but they import the stuff themselves and whack 200% on top, thats only keeping them in a job.

i just ordered a second weaver scope from optics planet, (first ordered a vortex but they said they wont sell vortex scopes outside the US) and both times i saved between $80-$200 and its so easy, go on, choose the scope, pluck in your credit card details or paypal and 6 days later you got a new scope at your door... i wish i knew about this site before hand cause what i paid for my spotting scope i could of bought a leupold or nikon for the same price.... i now am starting to buy everything from the US from hunting gear and optics, down to clothes, sunnies, electronics, dont think ive been to a k-mart in a fair few months now, buy all my fishing gear also, i buy my squid jigs from over seas, over here yo-zuri jigs are between $22-$40 i buy mine for around $8 each. screw supporting your local, if they want us to support them then dont place rediculas prices, then maybe business might stay in aus, im now saving for a range finder, save alot of $$$ on those when buying from aus.

Just imagine if we could buy ammo & firearms from OS it would make running a 408 Cheytec almost possible :lol: .

lol, it would be sweet, but it would never happen, ever, how would they check licences ect ect ect..... bummer though, espically if we could buy rifles from aus, i mean some of the prices, your average $600 centrefire gun would be tikkas and savages ect... but for what can be purchased now, im saving $100's and $1000's of dollars when its all added up

well, as mentiaoned before, the $95 for the Tasco Pronghorn from an LGS has led to more research on OpticsPlanet.

So, has anyone had much experience with the Pronghorn or a Nikon Prostaff, both in 4x32?

Cheers, Grimace

have done some more research and ordered a Weaver 3-9x40 this morning. just over 2hunge delivered versus $350 odd here. best thing is it can be ordered set up up for 50yd parralax-good for rimfire...

post-10381-12735461493292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grimace

I have had dealings with two US optics suppliers and would certainly recommend them both. I bought a Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 from Arcadian Sales cost around $630AUD delivered to my door: http://www.arcadian-sales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

Plus I bought a Leupold VX3 from "The Riflescope Store" http://www.theriflescopestore.com/levxiiisc3va1.html for around $600AUD delivered.

I reckon I've saved over $300 by buying these from overseas. I do support my LGS with all my little purchases, but not when I can get prices like these from the US. As a further example, my LGS has Harris swivel bipods for $250, Cabelas has the same unit for $99.99USD (about $150AUD delivered). You work out where I'm going to buy from........