Hid Spot Light

DOGPIG

Was after any info on hid spot lights that people have used or seen work

not car spots I have converted mine a long time ago, im interested in hunting spot lights

I seen a conversion kit for a light force hand held on e bay

and there is another unit similar to the night eater in design but in hid i think its white in case colour

and power beam have one

how do they compare to the traditional set-ups

good and bad points on how they preform in the field

do they have the dark spot caused by the rod on the globe

is there anything bigger in globe set-up like the 55watt hid

just after some 1st hand info

I have a cheap $15 auto shop spot light, which had a 55w H3 halogen globe in it. It worked ok, but not great. I then bought an SL170 Lightforce spotty, which is great.

Later on I converted the cheapy with a 35w HID kit off ebay. It is much brighter, although not as well focused as the SL170. It does have a shadow line from the electrode though. I can rotate the globe in the unit and will eventually flip it 180*, as the shadow is at the bottom of the beam. If it were at the top, it would not be a problem.

On my cheapy light, there is no adjustment. My SL170, like any Lightforce spot light, is adjustable.

I could in theory, put a spacer of some sort under the globe on the cheapy light. Perhaps a washer or plastic disk. This would pull the globe back and concentrate the light more. It might even remove the gap in the beam.

I have a 240 Lightforce which I have converted with the ebay kit.

There is a bit of a shadow from the wire in the light but you can sort of adjust that out.

It's the best light I or any of my mates have used, very bright and the super white colour makes finding critters in yellow grass much easier.

G;day fellas,

Do any of you have a copy of those instructions?

I bought a kit and they didn't put in the instructions

and I have had no joy from them in getting a copy.

Talkin about crap customer service the bugger has my $145 and thats all he cares about.