Price Of Compound Bow

Zardez

The mrs wants to get into bow target shooting and probably bunny busting

what is a roundabout price for an average compound bow, what other things are there to take into consideration

is there any legal hoops to jump through?

ok their are no legal hoops at all. just walk in pay and walk out.

i would recomend spending atleast $1000 for a bow including sight rest and some other stuff. for a target bow i would go a drop away rest they are a much much better rest then the wisker biscuit. which is a very common hunting rest. the drop away can still be used to hunt with i do and love it. if she wants to be good at the it and do it as a bit more of a sport then u will be looking at spending more on arrows and stuff like that.

any more questions just ask.

you wanna take into pull lbs on the bow for your misses i would go maybe 45lb pull, theres no legal hoops mate, there not like guns, price, well ebay u can score one for like $150 (i would go that one, wouldnt spend a heap, might just be a fad ;) ) but in shops they range from your simple compound for about $250-$1500 for the real smicko ones

go this mate http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Black-Pig-Hunting-Compound-Bow-250-feet-per-second-/200476849549?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Archery&hash=item2ead59f58d

$174 ;)

Edited by keith-longarms

thanks keith yeah, i don't wanna spend heaps of cash, i will buy a cheapo coz i would be very surprised if it wasn't a fad, but hey anything to get her out there with me :)

went camping over easter had a home made recurve and she shot it till her arm was red raw.

cheers keith + T

more advice welcome!

where are u mate u could just take her to a club some. most of them have bows u can borrow see if she likes it. another option is did she like the recurve if so u could just buy her an arm guard so she don't hurt her self.

I bought my 70lbs pse stinger about two years ago for $600 but thats with hard case plenty of carbon arrows, tips, adjustment tools and a couple of releases. By the time i had it restrung and tuned along with a new drop rest fitted add another $400 (obviously if your confident in setting it up basically knock $150 off that). If your going compound make sure to work out your partners draw length aswell. Other than that another thing to check for if looking second hand is that it hasnt been dry fired. Most bow shops can instantly tell. That the draw weight is legal for whatever your hunting. Checking minimum legal specs on what can be hunted with is a good starting point, some states like vic have minimum draw weights. Trad bow is alot easier to maintain and setup but harder to get proficient at but imo more fun and cooler. So awesome your partner wants to join in, wish mine wanted too shes happy to eat the meat though so thats always handy 😂😂 

Edited by Vayowin
  • Like 1