Holy Clothes

Guest Dafink

Hi guys

I was looking at getting some new hunting clothes and the new Ridgeline Sable Airflow stuff looked the goods.

I reckon it would be good to keep ya cool. Only thing is there are alot of mozzies around here. Get into the shade of the peppie trees in the middle of the day and they can go thru hard yakka tops sometimes.

Does anyone use the Ridgeline Sable Airflow gear ?

If so how do they rate for bugs, abrasion and sun protection ?

cheers

Cool ! Ha no pun intended.

Some of that sambar country in the shooting mags looks mighty mozzie country. What do ya use to keep em off ya. I cant imagine aeroguard cause any game would smell you before ya got out the tent.

Ive been wearing the red head air mesh which is basically the same thing with the Ridgeline sable shorts and I found them great in the real hot conditions up in the Territory over the past 2 years. The long sleve shirt and long pants were good to keep the sun off whilst still keeping you cool and they are great when wet as the slightest breeze cools you. I also use them for the summer scouting of deer when its hot walking in the hills and I want to cover many kms.

The down sides to them which are minor is that they are not bug proof (which you could not expect them to be), and that they pick up quite a few spurs, seeds and sticks in the dry country stuff.

Good to hear the pro's and cons Mick. Mozzies here will go thru hard yakka longs if there tight against your skin ie sitting down. So no matter what ya wear there gonna bite ya. Been reading about spraying clothes with Permithrin. Supposed to keep em off ya and last thru a few washes. Sounds the goods and the less deet you put against your skin the better. That stuffs nasty.