Gun Safes In Wa

epitome

I have a query for you WA guys.

I'm looking to buy a new gun safe and install by the end of December, when I move back to Perth.

I have a Buff River Bronze series 5 gun safe now and have managed to squeeze 5 into it. However, I'd like to either buy a 7 gun model or another 5 gun and split my guns between them.

I asked at my local shop this morning. They have the Buff River range, but their prices are not that good. The little 2 gun locker-less safe was $299, 5 gun like mine for $399, 7 gun for $499 and the 10 gun was $599. I paid $299 for my 5 gun about 4 or 5 years ago.

So who would you guys recommend, bearing in mind I'm on a budget.

I have a query for you WA guys.

I'm looking to buy a new gun safe and install by the end of December, when I move back to Perth.

I have a Buff River Bronze series 5 gun safe now and have managed to squeeze 5 into it. However, I'd like to either buy a 7 gun model or another 5 gun and split my guns between them.

I asked at my local shop this morning. They have the Buff River range, but their prices are not that good. The little 2 gun locker-less safe was $299, 5 gun like mine for $399, 7 gun for $499 and the 10 gun was $599. I paid $299 for my 5 gun about 4 or 5 years ago.

So who would you guys recommend, bearing in mind I'm on a budget.

Miter 10 have gun safes and are cheaper than the LGS but they are not to the same quality as the buff river safes they are legal so if your on a budget it might be good thing

Sorry I am not Wait Awhile.

But do you have Big Iron over there?

I have a Big Iron 8.

It was pretty cheap.

hahaha. We are moving ahead faster than anywhere on your side of the country. LOL All we need are more sensible gun laws.

Yes I have seen them before, but they were more expensive than the Buff River safes.

Miter 10 have gun safes and are cheaper than the LGS but they are not to the same quality as the buff river safes they are legal so if your on a budget it might be good thing

Good thinking. I hadn't thought of them. Mazzega's had a heap in there last time I went in. I might have a look at them again.

I got a silver series buffalo river gun safe from Barry's about 4 weeks ago I paid $450 for it, it has the central key with 5 locking lugs in the door and carpeted inside, shelves in the door etc, it was $990 for the safe and 5000 rounds of CCI standard .22's, the cheap Buffalo river 10 gun (bronze) which is a big safe is around $399 I think , I paid the extra for the locking system and better finish and shelves etc of the silver series but I didn't want the LCD keypad etc of the gold.

I found Barry to be the cheapest around.

Astra Metals in Malaga, they sell safes to the plod, and if they sell you a 5 gun safe, it'll COMFORTABLY fit 6, unlike the others..... :angry:<_<

I have one and will be getting a second soon, mine is a 5 gun, it has 7 in it, no way would you get them in a 5 gun Buffallo River.

Yep, it makes both sides of the door full length lockup and the top an bottom have another 2 locking points each which are on the shortest length of the door. No exposed hinges (it doesn't even have a hinge persay) no gap to pry open with a crowbar, an to top it all off, its an 8 firearm safe with ammo/bolt locker up top, racking for gats an 3 shelves on the back of the door. Am I happy with my safe, you betcha!

:ph34r:

Yep, it makes both sides of the door full length lockup and the top an bottom have another 2 locking points each which are on the shortest length of the door. No exposed hinges (it doesn't even have a hinge persay) no gap to pry open with a crowbar, an to top it all off, its an 8 firearm safe with ammo/bolt locker up top, racking for gats an 3 shelves on the back of the door. Am I happy with my safe, you betcha!

:ph34r:

Pricing :huh: :huh: :huh:

I paid $780 1 year ago Len, but mine is a branded product from Winchester. An unbranded version may cost less but I haven't seen an unbranded one yet, in fact I've only seen the ones like mine!

:lol:

Edited by Gibs

I've got a Buffalo River Bronze series 5 gun safe. Bought it from Roy Alexander & Sons in Maylands (9272 2205) for ~$320, I found that they were the cheapest.

You've managed to fit 5 guns in it? That must be a tight squeeze. I've got 2 in mine (angled) and could only imagine fitting another 1.

Regarding Bunnings - from what i've seen they stock the Sontax brand of safes. The quality of there safes are no different to there tools.

Edited by Adam89

I paid $780 1 year ago Len, but mine is a branded product from Winchester. An unbranded version may cost less but I haven't seen an unbranded one yet, in fact I've only seen the ones like mine!

:lol:

Thanks Gibs :)

Ok I bought a 7 gun Bronze series Buff River safe from Barry's for $375. The 5 gun bronze was $295. The 5 gun Silver was $399 and the 7 gun silver was about $450. I don't remember what the 10 gun safes were in either class though. I couldn't fit the bloody thing in my car though, so had to drive home and get the trailer and go back to pick it up.

I'm happy. Between that and my existing 5 gun, I'll have plenty of capacity for the future. :D :D

Ok I bought a 7 gun Bronze series Buff River safe from Barry's for $375. The 5 gun bronze was $295. The 5 gun Silver was $399 and the 7 gun silver was about $450. I don't remember what the 10 gun safes were in either class though. I couldn't fit the bloody thing in my car though, so had to drive home and get the trailer and go back to pick it up.

I'm happy. Between that and my existing 5 gun, I'll have plenty of capacity for the future. :D :D

I was gonna get another 5 gun Buff bronze series at Cleaver for $250, but saw their 7 gun for $309, so bought one yesterday. Now I'll have room for the Lanber 12G O/U when my PTA comestongue.gif

And I haven't got any military rifles, or in between calibres lol