Red Spotlight Filters

Nackers

Went out this afternoon and got quoted $225 for the window mount and handle and an extra $150 for the 240mm Lightforce Spotlight. Is that a decent price?

I also use a yellow filter it does not cut down the light as much as a red filter and some game will still move with a red filter but stay still under a yellow filter

Went out this afternoon and got quoted $225 for the window mount and handle and an extra $150 for the 240mm Lightforce Spotlight. Is that a decent price?

i paid $230 a fortnight ago at my lgs for the support-a-light and remote handle.

$150 sounds very cheap for 240mm lightforce. i paid $130 for my 170mm from the same lgs a couple of years ago.

i paid $230 a fortnight ago at my lgs for the support-a-light and remote handle.

$150 sounds very cheap for 240mm lightforce. i paid $130 for my 170mm from the same lgs a couple of years ago.

It's $155 for the spotlight. I have got him to hold a window mount and handle for me when they come in.

How are the Handheld mounted onto the remote handles? Is there a thread in the handle of the spotlight?

Cheers, Shadow.

It's $155 for the spotlight. I have got him to hold a window mount and handle for me when they come in.

How are the Handheld mounted onto the remote handles? Is there a thread in the handle of the spotlight?

Cheers, Shadow.

Yes, there's a threaded brass insert in the base of the handle. You have to cut the cable to the light and fit bullet terminals to the light side and cable side. The remote handle has a pass through cable, so you connect the cable from the light to the top side cable of the remote handle and then the incoming power cable connects to the other cable out of the bottom of the remote handle. The bullet terminals are part of the kit. There is an on/off switch on the handle too. If you don't want to use the support-a-light, you can take it all off and re-connect the light direct to the power cable.

There are two remote handle kits, a short one and a long one. Make sure you get the long one, called the RC225. The RC150 is too short for the Support-a-light.

I also use a yellow filter it does not cut down the light as much as a red filter and some game will still move with a red filter but stay still under a yellow filter

I wonder why it is that in every LGS I have looked in, they only ever have the red filters.

http://www.lightforce.net.au/products/accessories/filters

Try 4x4 shops. They are the same filters that go on the lightforce driving lights. Amber and blue are often easy to get, but most LGS' can order them in.

Jase

Really? I was in there last week, but never thought to ask about filters. I have to take my Ruger in for Doug to work on, so might ask then.

I got the PowaBeam Window Bracket, Lightforce RC150 Remote Handle and LightForce SL240 Blitz. We originally bought the RC225 but it was too long and too uncomfortable for my Dad to use (He is the one who has to use it) so we took it back and exchanged it for the shorter 150mm Handle. I am very impressed with the quality of all the products and the 240 Blitz puts out an impressive amount of light. I was also quite surprised at how much light the spotlight p[uts out even with the red filter on. The Red Filter seems to cut out a lot of the flood but the beam is still very bright for rabbits and foxes.

Ive used a light force 170 with a mate for a while now and its great with and without red filter

240 would be better again

We used to red to pick up the eyes easier and then once we are onto one take the filter off and pick up the body as it throws out a lot more light.

ive even stalked by foot at roughly 250m away from the car while a mate has been on the light and have taken a fox.

I tend to pick up the fox then only put the light on him just to keep track of him untill its close enough to shoot and when close to shooting keep the light at its feet untill ready to pull the trigger.

cheers cAm

Ive used a light force 170 with a mate for a while now and its great with and without red filter

240 would be better again

We used to red to pick up the eyes easier and then once we are onto one take the filter off and pick up the body as it throws out a lot more light.

ive even stalked by foot at roughly 250m away from the car while a mate has been on the light and have taken a fox.

I tend to pick up the fox then only put the light on him just to keep track of him untill its close enough to shoot and when close to shooting keep the light at its feet untill ready to pull the trigger.

cheers cAm

Thanks for the tip Cam. They can be tricky little biggers! :lol: