Recomended Torches?

Joog

I'm after a torch and bracket to mount on a .22 for night walks. Can anyone recomend a particular one? needs to be extra bright as the old eyes arent what they used to be :(

budget up to $150

thanks.

cheers, joog

I'm after a torch and bracket to mount on a .22 for night walks. Can anyone recomend a particular one? needs to be extra bright as the old eyes arent what they used to be :(

budget up to $150

thanks.

cheers, joog

I have got an UltraFire WF-008 from deal extreme for about $22 and does me wonders on the 22.

You can get the torch, some mounts, batteries, chargers and adapters (its a US style plug) for less than $50.

Edited by ShadowAssassin

I have 3 wf008's. and 2 p7 ledlenser3. Cant beat the 008 for superior bang for buck, simple and cheap, great round beam of light perfect for gun mounting, deals extream all the way. Mounts and torch for under 30 bucks delivered, you can even grab the wife a #### toy as well.

thanks everyone, cant seem to find a mount or aussie power adapter. i found torch no worries, i will order one when i can find the other bits.

Could some one post the links?

cheers.

Just a warning with the WF008 torches, it states they are capable of handling up to 9volts, this is incorect as i stuffed one when i put rechargable CR123a Lipo's in mine. They are 3.7 volts each. Lithiums (non-rechargable) are only 3 volt. I found this out later as it is well documented on some torch forums. Just buy the 18650 bats, they last well.

Just tested out the maglites, I'm very impressed, the little AA one I'll pick up rabbit eyes close to 100m away, the larger one further with a wider beam of light. Very happy!

thank all :) i have an order on its way, under $50 for torch, batterys, charger scope mount and converter, and free shipping

Anyone had any experience with an UltraFire WF-501B?

I heard that with a Drop-In Reflector Module and Glass Optic they can be quite bright.

Pretty standard P60 host body - the XRE-R2 Cree emitter is OK, I've used one on my .22 before and on the shotgun, though mine are Solarforce L2's the drop-in is the same. Won't throw as far as my Eagletac T100C2 though.

I've tried the aspheric lens, it increases throw at the expense of spill, similar to the aforementioned WF-008 recoil thrower.

For the money, they are not bad and as they use a drop-in you can upgrade to any other P60 dropin you want. I have various - a red LED module, the newest Cree XM-L powerhouse, and tried an XP-G also.

Pretty standard P60 host body - the XRE-R2 Cree emitter is OK, I've used one on my .22 before and on the shotgun, though mine are Solarforce L2's the drop-in is the same. Won't throw as far as my Eagletac T100C2 though.

I've tried the aspheric lens, it increases throw at the expense of spill, similar to the aforementioned WF-008 recoil thrower.

For the money, they are not bad and as they use a drop-in you can upgrade to any other P60 dropin you want. I have various - a red LED module, the newest Cree XM-L powerhouse, and tried an XP-G also.

Fenring, is the XM-L newer than the Cree ST-50?

Yes, it's only just come out. I've got one in a Solarforce L2, it's an Ultrafire dropin with smooth reflector - apparently the Ultrafire dropin is driven at around 2.8A or so I've read, unlike some others that are driven softer. It certainly puts out a lot of light - bigger hotspot than an XR-E but due to the amount of light coming out it seems to throw about as far. Blows a Solarforce XP-G dropin out of the water! Should be around 550 lumens, pretty good for a small torch!

The XM-L will be great in a big, deep smooth reflector like the Solarforce Pro1, though Solarforce had just brought out a light called the M8 which looks promising.

http://www.solarforce.hk/PRD/main.jsp