Which Leatherman

saladtossa

looking at buying a new leatherman or pocket multi tool, or same type of thing different brands...seen some nice gerber ones also...confused as to which model i should get...which one do you have?...what's usefull about it?...which one should i buy?....thanks in advance for advice :)

have had too many multitools to remember, until going leatherman and have not looked back the wave is my choice ..3 things i wanted ,one handed access for the knives , full lock and two blades everything else is a bonus.full warranty has proven brilliant no questions, just fixed the problem.which by the way was caused by very heavy handed use.worth every cent plus some

1 wave, 1 super tool and 2 of the old girls cant remember what they were called,

You will find that many uses for it you will feel nude when you dont have it.

if i didn't use it several times a day i would be surprised

I have my own leatherman, but in the army I was issued with a Victorinox (all black), which I found to be a better tool. The knives and other fold out tools are on the outside, so you don't have to open the pliers section to get to your blades. Very useful when you are frequently reaching for it to open boxes etc. Much faster and simpler access to the blades, I find the leatherman to be slow and clumsy now.

If I didn't already have a leatherman, I would buy a victorinox.

I had a Leatherman original and then bought a Leatherman Wave which I carried at work for years before retiring recently. It was such a handy tool and when you loosen the blades up, you can operate the knife one handed, which is handy if you are hanging on to a rope of something with the other hand. I cannot praise the Wave any higher, it had everthing I needed in a tool and I could operate it without looking at it, I could just concentrate on the job. The two knife blades are under the thumb so to speak, so even if you get the tool upside down you will open a knife blade and thats the tool that you generally need in an emergency. I always put the pouch on my strong hand side and always return the tool into the sheath the same was, so that it will be drawn the same way each time.

One thing to do I have found if you do get one, is to grind or file the upturn one the tip of the knife point. It is really sharp and seems to poke holes in anything, I punched a hole in my finger in the shop when I bought it and bled everywhere :(

Whoops, Mick.

Watch my lips:

Wave

Wave

Wave

Wave

Wave

Wave

:D