Aus Spit

Rono

We went away on the weekend and finally got to use my new Aus Spit which i won from Aushunt.

We got there on friday arvo and got the fire going and built up some good coals and whacked on a pork shoulder which we got from Wangarata coles.

It turned out great with the crackel some of the best we have had we where cuttung bits of it every now and then until it was all gone.

Thanks Aushunt its a beauty.

post-12-1156672355.jpg

• Like 1

Next time you travelling through mate yell out and il hook ya up with some meat from where i used to work, Looks like you could have cooked a boot on that and it wuold have turned out good, my mouth is watering :P

hi rono, with the oz pit how much meat do you recon you could put on the pole befor it bends? do you think it could handle a small pig or lamb? its looks like a good invention, mouth waterin stuff alright.

G'Day jewfish

All depends on the ground the stake is going into (sand,clay etc....) but i dont think i would put anymore than 6kgs on it with a soilid ground to put the stake in and the meat close to the motor end.

I have thought of making a adjustable stand for the other end (non-motor)then you could put a piglet or a small lamb on it no worries and it would not be hard to make.

does the motor have a weight limit on how much it can turn?

and the support pole the other end would work a treat i reckon

i just had tea and the sight of that make me feel hungry again good stuff mate well done

cheers

does the motor have a weight limit on how much it can turn?

and the support pole the other end would work a treat i reckon

i just had tea and the sight of that make me feel hungry again good stuff mate well done

cheers

The motors are very powerful for there size and would turn a lamb without to much trouble but i dont think they are designed for the big stuff