Hunting Boots

G'day all,

Im going to get these boots very soon

Has anyone got these or similar and any road test results would be great

I figured its time to get some boots and retire my globes/runners full of holes they are nice and quiet and well vented :lol: water is an issue as they fill up instantly :lol:

And after the trip this weekend the final verdict to retire was had. A mate got bitten on the Ass by a dirty big bullant and while I was laughing my ass off at him and we started walking to find another spot to sit I got nailed by a big sucker as well. The pr ick went in my shoe an nailed me a few times :lol:

So best get some boots :lol:

Cheers Cam

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Hunting-Boots/Mens-Insulated-Hunting-Boots|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/i/104841180/Cabelas-Inferno8482-2000-Pac-Boots-150-Mossy-Oak174-New-Break-Up8482/749181.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffootwear-mens-footwear-mens-hunting-boots-mens-insulated-hunting-boots%2F_%2FN-1102846%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104841180%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat104797980%253Bcat104747580%253Bcat104826780&WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104797980%3Bcat104747580%3Bcat104826780%3Bcat104841180

G'day all,

Im going to get these boots very soon

Has anyone got these or similar and any road test results would be great

I figured its time to get some boots and retire my globes/runners full of holes they are nice and quiet and well vented :lol: water is an issue as they fill up instantly :lol:

And after the trip this weekend the final verdict to retire was had. A mate got bitten on the Ass by a dirty big bullant and while I was laughing my ass off at him and we started walking to find another spot to sit I got nailed by a big sucker as well. The pr ick went in my shoe an nailed me a few times :lol:

So best get some boots :lol:

Cheers Cam

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Hunting-Boots/Mens-Insulated-Hunting-Boots|/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/i/104841180/Cabelas-Inferno8482-2000-Pac-Boots-150-Mossy-Oak174-New-Break-Up8482/749181.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffootwear-mens-footwear-mens-hunting-boots-mens-insulated-hunting-boots%2F_%2FN-1102846%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104841180%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat104797980%253Bcat104747580%253Bcat104826780&WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat104797980%3Bcat104747580%3Bcat104826780%3Bcat104841180

Hey Cam, my last pair where Meindl and they were hand me downs from my brother... He bought them second hand... I bought some Meindl boots two months ago from Cabelas and they are the business. Probably spent too much but i think they may outlast me. I simply stuck with a brand i knew.

Hi CP,im in the market for new boots aswell, the only thing i noticed with those boots is that they are designed for some seriously cold weather that they hunt in in the US which is great if your hunting the Vic high country in the middle of winter but most Oz conditions probably wont be cold enough resulting in a sweaty foot and possibly blisters. I'll be getting mine from cabelas also but just not sure which ones yet.

Yeh, 2,000 gm Thinsulate will have your feet roasting, Cam. I have a pair of Irish Setters for the winter with 400gm of thinsulate and it is more than enough for me. I don't hunt in snow though.

I also have a pair of Danner boots that are very good too.

Thanks guys

those Irish setter boots look like the go and cheaper.

I think i'll get those instead :)

How did you guys go in the sizes and converting them?? there is a chart to print off from the site is it a good idea to use it and get the size from the chart?

cheers cam

Cam I use an old pair of work boots, they are steel capped bit still very very comfortable, they are made by mongrel boots (I think) they are lace up but also have a zip on the side. I'll try and find them online when I get home

Thanks Mitzer

I rekon i'll lash out and give myself a birthday present considering i didnt get anything yet :lol: nuttin off the mrs either I got ripped off

Ive got some CFA boots i was going to use they are steel capped and comfy but i'll go some hunting boots

it will be the last bit of kit left to get. well i hope it is :lol:

Cam

As well as being hot, those boots weigh over 2kms. That's a lot of weight to be dragging around if you are covering any distance on foot.

The only boots I can comment on are Hi-Tech Magnums, but they are a bit pricey. I bought my first pair in 1996, when I was a cop in UK (I know, I know!!). They did a lot of plodding, a fair bit of running and a bunch of cold weather crap too. They lasted me for 10 years and then they were in a gear bag which was nicked. The only consolation is that the their probably fainted when he opened the bag and got a whiff of 10 years worth of my feet.

I joined the mud army after the recent floods up here, but didn't have any boots, so I bought another pair. The designed is improved, very waterproof and they have a zipper and laces, which is more useful than some might think. The laces ensure that you get a comfortable and snug fit and the zipper means you can get in and out of them quickly.

You can see them at http://www.legear.com.au/hi-tec-magnum-boots-australia-p/magnum-1153.htm

Good hunting

Skully

I get my hunting boots from Aussie Disposals.I wear Trail single leather upper boots.I had the only dry feet after a day of hunting in the drizzle on the first Gatta trip.There were a few guys there that had some fancy US hunting boots,and all had wet feet.Make sure the boots you choose don't have to many stitched panels,as that is the first place the water will get in.I think my boots were $140 when I got them.

Cam I wear a 9 1/2 in Blundstone lace up work boots and i ordered a 10 1/2 in the Meindl. It was a bit of guess work but the boots are perfect. Make sure you also check for width measurement depending on your feet. I reckon a boot after time is only as good as the conditioner you use on it.

Some good boots there guys

I think its going to be one ot THOSE choices again :lol:

little bit of research and just bite the bullet.

Bloody foot still itchy where the bullant nipped me and that was on Sunday :lol:

Thanks for the input so far ive looked at all of the boots and i'll probly look at them again and again till I pick one :D

I purchased a pair of Rocky Bruins from Basspro a couple of years ago and they have been a great boot, purchased another pair a month or so back for my son. I've gone the un-insulated versions and the 8 inch high boot, first time with a tallish boot it feels a bit different but the extra support is great. Sizewise I run with the euro versions as it seems more consitent to me at least.

Cheers,

Waldo

I now use a pair of Stoney creek rusa boots and even though i paid a bit for them i wish i had them years ago . Best boot ive ever worn staight outa the box. My old blundstones were great though :D

you bought a pair of boots, can we burn those bloody blundstones of yours.

I bet the blundstones will still get a run at the gatta.