Hunting Boots

Scarpa Kailash Trekking boots they have a Gore Tex lining. Keeps your feet dry. They are bloody exspensive but a good investment.

Im a fan of Irish Setters also. I wear a pair to work (building industry) every day and they are still in fantastic condition (over a yr old now). I also have a hunting pair and they are great. My other pairs have ended up in the bin.

Hi CP,im in the market for new boots aswell, the only thing i noticed with those boots is that they are designed for some seriously cold weather that they hunt in in the US which is great if your hunting the Vic high country in the middle of winter but most Oz conditions probably wont be cold enough resulting in a sweaty foot and possibly blisters. I'll be getting mine from cabelas also but just not sure which ones yet.

ManU, you need more than one pair of boots, at least two pair. I have four pairs at the moment.

I usually take two pair with me when I go anywhere, in case the pair I am wearing get wet. If you have a summer pair of uninsulated and an insulated winter pair then you could use the ones your not wearing as the spare pair. It may not match the season, but lets face it, if you drown your boots any dry pair is a godsend. And it also solves your seasonal temperature problem.

I was also looking at buying a compact pair that I can fit into the backpack as a spare backup but have not found what I'm looking for yet.

I have found Scarpa Trek Pros to be fantastic. I had no real choice as they were the only ones I could find in my size. US-15.

They aren't lined with gore tex like the ones adzym mentioned but are full leather.

A bit pricey at a little over $300 locally, but have been worth it for me.

I only wore them around the house for a few hours before my first trip and there were no blisters to speak of and dry feet too!

They are a little on the heavy side though.