Irish Setter Grizzly Hunting Boots

G'day all,

Got my boots.

Irish Setter Grizzly

400gram insulated and water proof.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Hunting-Boots/Mens-Insulated-Hunting-Boots%7C/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/104826780/i/104841180/Irish-Setter-Grizzly-Tracker-Boots-400-Gram/721483.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Ffootwear-mens-footwear-mens-hunting-boots-mens-insulated-hunting-boots%2Firish-setter%2F_%2FN-1102846%2B1000003729%2FNe-1000003729%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104841180%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104797980%253Bcat104826780%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104797980%3Bcat104826780%3Bcat104841180

I got them from Cabelas took about a week to get here.

I used the sizing chart from the web site and probably could have gone 1/2 a size smaller.

I wore socks when using the chart like it said. theres al little bit of slop but i was planning on using some new thick socks. any sugestions on a good thick sock??

Any how they look massive on the outside and i thought they where way too big. after wearing them they are great and very comfortable.

These are my first hunting boots ever im sure others have worn the good ones.

But for $145 delivered I rekon their awsome.

I have worn them around the yard and in the house very comfy and warm.

They rekon they are water proof so i filled up the bath and stood in there for ten minutes (half a can) and they didnt let any water in.

The tread is pretty agressive a bit like a mud tyre :)

All in all Im happy as a pig in mud:)

If anyones after some that are good for the budget Id rekonmend these.

Now the test will be out bush im sure they are going to be great.

thanks to all the guys that gave there opinion on what boots they use.

cheers Cam

I've been wearing 8" boots the last couple of years and I found it amazing how much more secure they (a taller boot)feel over a shorter boot. Just recently got a pair from basspro (Rocky's) and my son while hesitant about the taller boot was very happy after his first days wear, should be a good boot.

In regards to sizing of boots from the US I've always used the euro sizing as a constant, seems to work for me at least.

Cheers,

Waldo

A good few pairs of thick explorer socks will go a long way ;) Just make sure you wear them in before committing to a big hunt!

I've got the same boot on order plus a bunch of other stuff from the states. Feel like a kid at christmas.

Finally got to use my boots in anger two weeks ago and absolutely wrapped with the results. To repeat, i got the Irish Setter Trophy Quest boots from Cabelas.

I have blister prone feet and I didn't even get a hint of a blister after putting in alot of kms on foot in rugged terrain at Nundle State Forest, very secure, warm and dry in miserable conditions. I have never really had a "good" set of boots before and these are definitely the best boots i have ever worn. Also, the sizing chart from the cabelas website was accurate for me anyway, the boots fit well. Overall, very happy with the boots which only cost 100 bucks delivered.

Finally got to use my boots in anger two weeks ago and absolutely wrapped with the results. To repeat, i got the Irish Setter Trophy Quest boots from Cabelas.

I have blister prone feet and I didn't even get a hint of a blister after putting in alot of kms on foot in rugged terrain at Nundle State Forest, very secure, warm and dry in miserable conditions. I have never really had a "good" set of boots before and these are definitely the best boots i have ever worn. Also, the sizing chart from the cabelas website was accurate for me anyway, the boots fit well. Overall, very happy with the boots which only cost 100 bucks delivered.

Good stuff ManU

Same here ive never had boot accept Blunys or redback work boots. the irsh settters are very

comfy. the big test will be in a couple of days on the trip. cold and wet.

When you wear your first pair of good hiking/walking boots you are amazed at how much more comfortable they are it feels like you are walking on air; they are more supportive and you can walk alot more without your feet getting tired or sore.

When you wear your first pair of good hiking/walking boots you are amazed at how much more comfortable they are it feels like you are walking on air; they are more supportive and you can walk alot more without your feet getting tired or sore.

Im looking forward to dry clean socks instead of half the bush in my shoes and having to ring out my socks :thumbsu:

I bought a pair of Irish Setter Trail Stalker 8" insulated while i was in bass pro a couple weeks back.

Paid $65 for them on special. Everything is soooo cheap there. Saved well over 50% on everything I bought :)

But instead of saving 50% I just bought double :D

I bought a pair of Irish Setter Trail Stalker 8" insulated while i was in bass pro a couple weeks back.

Paid $65 for them on special. Everything is soooo cheap there. Saved well over 50% on everything I bought :)

:lolu:

lucky bugger

That is a trap with the way the dollar is a the moment - too many toys to buy :lol: