Predator Calls

I also noticed you rejected Pete's tried and true method of using chicken necks to lure them in

Where did I reject his method? I'm sure it's brilliant. I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another gadget.

Also, I was tickled to ask about the electronic method, because I read said article, which was extolling the virtues of the callers.

I have tried the button whistle till I was literally blue in the face. The foxes here don't speak button. A local bushie here also said it wouldn't work there being no rabbits in the area.

Also, while I am more than convinced of the time honoured method of luring them in with chicken necks and goodies, it can be a bit tricky to fit into a crazy lifestyle. Also, I'm a bit worried that the fox will find my continual supply of food so enticing that he'll keep coming back and what if he comes back in the middle of the night when I'm not there? I'd need a camera to monitor his comings and goings. I can't sit there 24/7. :hot:

Where did I reject his method? I'm sure it's brilliant. I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another gadget.

Also, I was tickled to ask about the electronic method, because I read said article, which was extolling the virtues of the callers.

I have tried the button whistle till I was literally blue in the face. The foxes here don't speak button. A local bushie here also said it wouldn't work there being no rabbits in the area.

Also, while I am more than convinced of the time honoured method of luring them in with chicken necks and goodies, it can be a bit tricky to fit into a crazy lifestyle. Also, I'm a bit worried that the fox will find my continual supply of food so enticing that he'll keep coming back and what if he comes back in the middle of the night when I'm not there? I'd need a camera to monitor his comings and goings. I can't sit there 24/7. :hot:

Is this the same fox you where trying to get last year FGlol.gif

Is this the same fox you where trying to get last year FGlol.gif

Don't you laugh at me!!!

Any fox really, Maxy. Out on the big property I just want to call in any given fox. Why? I just have this crazy drive to get a fox.

At home (semi rural) that fox from last year may not be alive any more, as I saw one dead by the roadside not 100m from our front gate. However foxes are in the area, as someone about 1km up the road from us had her chooks taken recently. They have tried the button whistle without success.

So really, any fox will do. One less here is one less after someone's chooks.

If there is a breeze about and you don't have a commercial lure try tying some large bird feathers onto a stake or onto a tree branch with some fine strong sewing thread a dark and a light feather are a good choice. The breeze will blow the feathers about and this will draw the attention of the predator and draw them towards it. :thumbsu:

If there is a breeze about and you don't have a commercial lure try hanging a large bird feather from a stake or a tree branch using some fine strong sewing thread. One feather per thread and the thread just needs to be long enough for the feather to hang in the right zone. I used to use white feathers. The breeze will blow the feather about and this will draw the attention of the predator and draw them towards it. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen.

Some years ago when I was a youngster there was this funny toy around. A weasel rolling a ball. Remember them? That might work too.