Lightforce Suction Mount Dramas

Mick_G

just tried my brand new lightforce suction bar with my new powabeam pro11. stuck the bar on and gave it a good few yanks and nearly dented the roof. pretty strong...so i thought. so off i go for a shine in the paddock, the light is fantastic then oops its let go and bang, dinged up spotlight!!! arghhh the spring flew off and lost the nut off the pivotal end. so my question is has anyone else had these dramas? cheers Mick

I have had the same issue, you can get spare parts from lightforce, mine had done a moderate amount of work when it finally went but i think they should provide a few spare retaining washers with them as I have seen a few others have a similiar problem. Mine occurred as the suction feet started to wear/degrade (my own fault for not releasing the suction mechanism once when I put it in storage). I have a few lightforce bits and pieces performance is great but I sometimes question the longevity of some gear for the price although I understand they are continually uograding. Make sure you keep the suction feet attatched to a clean moist surface. While my unit was new i could chase foxes without a hassle, driving down the highway between farms you had to keep your speed down or take it off.

Guest bigfellascott

My mate has the same setup, similar sorts of problems with it letting go! Bloody annoying in the end, he was looking at putting a roof rack on and mounting it to that to fix the problem, also if you get a scratch or something on the cups that reduces it ability to keep suction - going by what my mate said.

It might be better if you do something similar mate, saves all the b/s when it keeps coming off all the time.

just tried my brand new lightforce suction bar with my new powabeam pro11. stuck the bar on and gave it a good few yanks and nearly dented the roof. pretty strong...so i thought. so off i go for a shine in the paddock, the light is fantastic then oops its let go and bang, dinged up spotlight!!! arghhh the spring flew off and lost the nut off the pivotal end. so my question is has anyone else had these dramas? cheers Mick

I have seen a guy have the pop off troubles. Nearly drove him nuts and me as well. He finally ditched the suction cup thing and we used the spot by hand.

Me? i use a "Sup-Port-a-light" it fits inside the frame of your window and is held in place with a gas strut. Takes a light force spotlight. Well made and well thought out.

I just got back from down the coast and went out with my pro roo shooting mate and he hates the sucken cap things he went out in my truck last night and test my set up. I use the same set up as jock.