Hunting Boots

I got a pair of Terania from katmandu last week, havent had them out hunting yet but went for a bushwalk with rock scrambling and they held up well, and they are on sale at the moment

Have a look at the Scarpa range. If budget is a consideration then look at pair of Peacekeepers from Crossfire in Braidwood. These will last you years and hold you firm on any terrain. :thumbsu:

Hey AWR, check out the Rocky's from Basspro (or Cabellas for that matter). I wear the Rocky Bruins in a 8 inch boot, brought a similar pair for my son. After wearing a taller boot in the scrub I wouldn't go back to a lower boot (they give so much more support). The Rocky's have been great had probably 2 1/2 years use chasing deer and they have held up real well, are only just starting to leak a bit when walking thru wet grass all day (6-8 hours) but still stay dry on small creek crossings so I may spray some silicone spray on them. Either way considering the price I can afford to replace them every 3 years or so and still be ahead and have fresh boots.

Cheers,

Waldo

Check out the Asolo Sasslong - best boot I've tried, and the reviews speak for themselves (600 people gave them 4.5 stars). Have a goretex lining which means your feet stay dry and yet can still breath

I found them retailing in NZ for c. NZ$600, but bought them off the sierratradingpost website for A$130 + P&H

Just be sure to google some coupons to get the further 30% discount, or they'll set you back c.A$180

Check out the Asolo Sasslong - best boot I've tried, and the reviews speak for themselves (600 people gave them 4.5 stars). Have a goretex lining which means your feet stay dry and yet can still breath

I found them retailing in NZ for c. NZ$600, but bought them off the sierratradingpost website for A$130 + P&H

Just be sure to google some coupons to get the further 30% discount, or they'll set you back c.A$180

Thank you Troutbum i will look into them

I have been running a pair of solomon GTX boots for a few years now. soles work well, in Aus and NZ. were waterproof at the start, but after 2.5 years of use, i think the goretex is starting to fail a bit, only get really wet in creek crossing really, wet grass does not seem to bother them at the moment.

Laces a good, still have the originals in them, uppers are holding up well too. Break in not needed, just put them on and go hunting.

prob cost about $300 in a retail store, prob cheaper online.

my mate wears the rusa boots and thinks they great.we have hunted -9 degree to 40+ and they have worked in all terrian he will buy a new pair no problems,just a note that outdoors and beyond have selected scarpa boots on sale they are in Nowra NSW.

Still there for $140.00 OZD