Safe Transport

Guest Dafink

Guest Dafink

Hey guys.

I got a little 4 gun buffalo rive gun safe back in WA and im now in FNQ. Is it better to sell it and get another one over here. 2 guns in it atm too. Savage .17hmr and Zafer U/O 12ga. The .17 is definatly gonna go. No rabbits or Fox's up here. Might keep the 12 ga. Or should i just sell the lot and start from scratch over here.

Played with a lovely little Marlin .44 mag in stainless today. With a red dot. Wow what a beauty. Its on the list fo-sho.

Only you can really answer that question. I guess if you are in FNQ now then you may a well sell the lot and start again with a more suitable cartridge like 308 W or 7 mm 08 or 270 or 30-06 forget the 44 it has too much range limitations.

Do the maths on it. Find out what the costs are to transport the safe and the firearms, plus any import/export costs attached to them.

Check out what's the lowest price you can sell you guns/safe for and the costs of the new guns/safe plus any permits and modifications (like scopes) done to them.

From there you'll see which one will cost you more money.

Sentimental value or history attached to any firearms can't be replaced nor can the time and effort you've gone to to make the guns work the way you want them to. But you might enjoy the time spent on the new guns and not have any real history with the old ones.

As Happy said, only you can really say if it's worth it.

im no expert but if you lik your 12 g keep it

you wont get much selling it 2nd

even if it cost you $500 (which it wont) your still ahead

but if your were thinking u like to update and re strat your

collection then u know what to do.

and what fireman dj said his onto it

remember maths doesnt lie

Dafink I would look into how much is involved in transfering those guns to QLD first. Ive had a mate that just moved from NSW to QLD and had to transfer his guns up a change over his license and had quite a time of it and took a couple of months to get sorted. I don't know the excact details of what took place but if I were you I would look into that first. From what I make from talking with him he said he should have just sold up down here and started fresh up there.

A mate of mine moved from WA to QLD and took his entire collection with him. He checked it out before leaving here and found he had 3 months to change his licence over once he moved into a house. It took them 3 or 4 months to even find a house. Once they did, he did the paperwork and it was all sorted pretty easy and quick.