Off The Shelf Nv Gear

Jase

I know there have been a number of threads about NV gear. I've made my own spotting scope, but it doesn't tend to focus well beyond 30 yards. I have been seriously considering an off the shelf night vision unit.

I've looked at the PS22 unit as a day/night conversion. I would rather have a conversion unit rather than a dedicated night only rifle. Im wondering if anyone has had personal experience with any of the day/night conversion units, or indeed any off the shelf type NV rifle scopes. It's not a small amount of money and I hate the thought of buying something that just doesn't give me what I want. Ideally I'd like to be able to shoot at least 200 yards with it.

Keen to hear some feedback. any scope photos would be great too if anyone happens to have them.

Jase

Keen to hear some feedback. any scope photos would be great too if anyone happens to have them.

Jase

Hi Jase,

The PS22 is made by a company that originates from the Ukraine known as ATN. It has a rather poor reputation in the US for holding zero and better clip-on NV scopes aren't very cheap and are difficult to get hold of.

For distances out to 200m, I would recommend a D740 or D760 dedicated scope with SHP Gen2. ( also known as the NVA740 over here )

What sort of NV riflescope pictures did you want? I can post a few, but they are of a PVS-4.

Regards

David

Ouch, thats a little more than I have to spend. But thats the point here, I don't want to spend money on rubbish. The D740 has 50% better resolution than the PS22 unit so thats a big plus, and reason for price no doubt.

I've thought about the zero issue. Obviously you have to have it concentric to the scope, but once you have that, I thought that holding zero would come down to the mount.

I was after the "down the tube" kinda images. I want to actually see what I would see if I bought xxx model. I know you can find the advertising style media around, but real world photos from users gives a better idea.

Jase