Electronic Ear Muffs

Hi guys,

Im after a pair of ear muffs that i can use at work (hammer drills, angle grinders etc) and as well as hunting. I like the idea of the electronic ones as they amplify low noise but muffle out loud noises....

Just wondering if these are any good and would suit both my needs? Peltor Tactical 6

Guest bigfellascott

Hey Mltzer,

I used a pair of the ones that are sold through the SSAA and they were fantastic, I couldn't believe how well they worked, I'm going to get a set when I get some money. I can highly recommend them, we used them with shotguns, 308's. 22.250's you name it and perfect, you can hear everything people were saying and when the shot happened it blocked it completely out, bugger all noise AWESOME - I had no idea they worked that well! Work a hell of a lot better than the old style put it that way - chalk and cheese performance wise, for around $80 or so well worth it.

They would be perfect for spotlighting and varminting as well as range work. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hi guys,

Im after a pair of ear muffs that i can use at work (hammer drills, angle grinders etc) and as well as hunting. I like the idea of the electronic ones as they amplify low noise but muffle out loud noises....

Just wondering if these are any good and would suit both my needs? Peltor Tactical 6

The peltor range of ear muffs are proberly the best ear muffs on the market but you pay for them.You might get them cheaper from a industrial supplies like backwoods or the likes.

They are the only brand that we'll run. My current pair are 4 years old and have been tortured beyond imagination. They are a different model, but they're Peltor...

Like one of the other post's said - you'll get cheaper ones that won't be as consistent and clear in reduction. Look around for the gel ear pads they make for some of their models as an upgrade. These are the beez neez if you intend to wear them for protracted periods...

Peltor SportTac. Best bit of gear I've bought in ages. Keep the noise down, means you can still listen to conversations, keeps your ears warm on cold days.

Infact, the ones I have if the volume is cranked up, it gives me way better hearing that I actually have. I have hear critters using them that are a fair way away, that I never would hear without them. Carefull of maggpies or crows over the head with the volume cranked though, it'll scare the #### out of ya!

Jase