Hema Navigator Hn5I

Leper

Hi Folks just purchased the HEMA HN5I GPS. I have read some good stuff about it but was wondering if any of you guy's or girls have one & what do you reckon. One of the main reason I got it is you can unplug it from you car and use it as a handheld out in the bush.comes with Top maps, street maps & 4 WD maps.

http://www.hemanavigator.com.au/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=bDNqyJ9iF8w%3d&tabid=150

I wonder what the battery life would be like once its not connected to the car

I'll let you know. I'm going to give it a go in a couple of weeks. Plus I'm a dumb arse and I'll have to learn to drive it. I just got a dirty look from she who must be obeyed cos I registered it online in my name. It was her Idea to get it in the first place.

RACV had them on special $790.00 for July. Comes with 2 years of map updates.

I have one, I wouldnt say its the greatest unit personelly.

My first experience was 2 DOA units, but Hema replaced them generally within 1 Business day.

Done a heap of KM's with the Route 66 mapping, only ######ed up once but it was clear it was taking us no where near, we just followed it out of curiosity/killing time anyway.

The 4wd maps are useless, in some areas along NSW coast it was just that pixelated it wasnt useable, and very average in Gippsland Vic.

The Topo maps are simply awesome when 4wd'ing, makes things so much easier.

I wouldnt rely on them for walking though, the battery wouldnt last 2 hours fresh off the charger.

I have one, I wouldnt say its the greatest unit personelly.

My first experience was 2 DOA units, but Hema replaced them generally within 1 Business day.

Done a heap of KM's with the Route 66 mapping, only ######ed up once but it was clear it was taking us no where near, we just followed it out of curiosity/killing time anyway.

The 4wd maps are useless, in some areas along NSW coast it was just that pixelated it wasnt useable, and very average in Gippsland Vic.

The Topo maps are simply awesome when 4wd'ing, makes things so much easier.

I wouldnt rely on them for walking though, the battery wouldnt last 2 hours fresh off the charger.

Thanks mate. I'll see how this one goes and give an update.