New Torch - Help!

Anth D

Hi Guys,

I've been going through a heap of threads and looking at all the advice prior to purchasing a new torch.

I need something which I can use on my 204 and 308 out to 200-300m during night sessions for Foxes & Pigs.

Wolf Eyes seems to have something which suits and I was wondering if anyone has one of these or the equivalent? I would prefer a slender torch so I don't have scope clearance issues when mounting.

I'm mainly looking at the:

- Wolf Eyes Sea Lion Hunter Link to Description

- Wolf Eyes Night Hunter Link to Description

Any others I should be looking at in this kind of range? Budget is about $250.

Any help would be much appreciated!

*EDIT*

What is everyone's thoughts on these?

SolarForce Monster Thrower

Edited by Anth D

I just got the sea lion hunter about four days ago and from what ive seen so far it looks amazing. Its really well constructed but a little heavy due to being made out of steel. It came with two interchangeable globes one for throw and the other has a bit more flood. I havent used it in the field but ive been using it at night around my street and it easily reaches out to 150 meters and thats with streelights around. I imagine it could easily throw enough light for the ranges you are looking at.

It is quite expensive but great quality. It also came within two days by express post

Mate check this mob out, i know for about $140-$170 you will get a torch with rifle or scope mount, maybe rechargeable with 200 metres of view.

I have not used one, but friends purchased the headlamps for mid $150s with lifetime warranty, and they are sensational imo.

I have a LED lenser mt7 on my 7615 and its great, did look at the sea lion at the last show i went to, and I think it has a bit more range but its also twice the price.

I have the big wolf eyes sea lion, throws a good light but don't expect the same results as a roof mounted spot light.

They are constructed from aluminum, not steel as previously stated.

Sorry, my mistake

I have the Pro-1 and it's one of the, if not the longest throwing LED torch you can get that uses a conventional lens. There are aspherics that throw further, but not many.

For about $70 the Pro-1 has a lot of bang for the buck and a lot of versatility in that you can run it with a single 18650 as a short package or with two 18650's for full power but a longer body. I just use mine with one and it's a 200m thrower easily.

I am with fenring.

The Solarforce Pro-1 is an absolutely awesome torch. I amaze all my friends with and one of which uses the Wolf-Eyes Sniper 260.

I am going to get a battery tube extension to allow me to run two 18650's. According to Solarforce, I should get up to 35% more light output which should be amazing. Like fenring said, with the one battery it is easily a 200 meter torch.

Hey guys, I'm gonna go the SolarForce, a mate of mine is using it and the ability to upgrade components makes it a winner. Mega impressed with the light it produces as well. Can't go wrong with that price either. Thanks for your advice!