Lightforce 170 Scope Mounted

foxn

hi all out chasing foxes the other night, after spotting a fox and calling him in a cow got a fright and scared the fox off not to worry next time.but then jumped in the 4b and could smell a toxic solder smell coming from my battery pack pulled the cigarette conection out of the battery pack and found it to be f@#kn hot, you could light a smoke going by the scorch mark on my finger.has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. all the wires all look good and my 240 lightforce is fine the fuse is a 12amp fuse i put a 10 amp in it to see if it blew but it just got hot as well to bloody hot.any help would be great thanks foxn

hi all out chasing foxes the other night, after spotting a fox and calling him in a cow got a fright and scared the fox off not to worry next time.but then jumped in the 4b and could smell a toxic solder smell coming from my battery pack pulled the cigarette conection out of the battery pack and found it to be f@#kn hot, you could light a smoke going by the scorch mark on my finger.has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it. all the wires all look good and my 240 lightforce is fine the fuse is a 12amp fuse i put a 10 amp in it to see if it blew but it just got hot as well to bloody hot.any help would be great thanks foxn

Geez that's no good at all. I have a 170 connect it straight through the merit plug. A while back i had a cheap hand held spotlight from rays outdoors and it would charge fine on the 240/12v charger but melted through the direct 12v car charger scortching the seat.. I'm no sparky but i figured all the cord was bundled up together and that would not have helped the situation. All i got sorry mate.

the battery pack is a bought one and owned it for about 7yrs.the cord was not bundled up at time of use and would you believe it out with the 240 blitz last night and the wire broke off inside the ciggy connector bugger.i guess all the use they get they are just wearing out,might be time to do a full rewire.thanks foxn

Rewire sounds like the way to go. I'm still using the cig lighter plug/socket deal that came with the nght hunter pack. I have added elastic strap on there that keeps a good solid connection between the plug and socket. When it wears out or breaks, I'll be using a latching type connector. Merrit plugs, small anderson type plugs, anything that will ensure a good solid connection and allow enough current to flow.

I've actually converted my lightforce 140 to a HID. The ballast is a bit of a pain to have hanging around, but man the light output is just incredible. Easy convert too.

Jase