Climbing Chairs

wolfred

I've read in shooting magazines of people using a climbing chair to get up to a good vantage point ,Maybe near a game trail or wallow and waiting for game to come by.

Has anyone used one? or know of anyone using one?

Make a good new toy for the hunter who has everything :)

I've read in shooting magazines of people using a climbing chair to get up to a good vantage point ,Maybe near a game trail or wallow and waiting for game to come by.

Has anyone used one? or know of anyone using one?

Make a good new toy for the hunter who has everything :)

Wolfred- I used them in texas on whitetail. They suited the straight trees in the area. Back here I have used tree stands for bowhunting Chital , and fallow. The type I use here are alumi loc. These are bolted to a stud screwed into the tree and a strap like a boat tie down to lock it in place. Screw in pegs are used to get into the stand. Height doesnt have to be that high, mine vary from 3 to 8m.

Another option I used in Texas was a tri-pod with a seat . It is a good way to get results on deer, if you have the patience. Always use a safety harness.....

Natural stands/ Trees also work.

Dont have any pics as it was before digital. Hope this helpsMick

This is what i use.

NEW! Summit 180° Max™ SD Climbing Treestand

Worth the money IMO.

Cabaelas

hey Optic, Have you had it long? Was it scary? Easy to use? Successful? Fun?

Looks the duck's guts, expensive, but top shelf.

Had it about 5 years.

It is scarey just how fast it can get up a tree, to a great height.

But it is safe. And they give the best view of the land.

They all come with an approved harness which is more trouble than the chair.

Death by these things in the states is high.

They also come with a video.

And a knife built into them to cut yourself free

Strangulated death from the harness.

Mind you its not that cold here, but they can kill.

Look into them before you decide and also work out a plan should you fall out of it.

I have a rope attached to mine.

They are a great thing but you spend more time frigging with the harness than the chair.

I gave the harness away, just to much trouble moving it up the tree then the chair then it and so on.

I have the harness attached to the chair now and not the tree with a rope off the chair.

Have fun.

I have a mate I hunt with who has one. Works well but more often than not he uses ladders stands with a chair built into the top of them that he leaves in place. Being private land that suits that aranmgement.

His climbing chair is bulky but very sterdy not something you would want to lug into the bush every time you want to hunt but certainly has it place.

The last 2 deer I have harvested have both been out of a ladder chair that gave me the height for visibility and that extra ability to avoid detection not being at ground level.

Wolfred, mate I used them in the Uk a lot, shot many a fallow and Roe from a high seat. There are many ways to use them and hundreds of designs.

I had a really nice portable one but left it there on the estate for all to enjoy. The trick is finding the right spot to set it up in, but once you have done that it is great fun and you get to see so much other stuff in the bush that you normally wouldn't see.

The worst part is being patient enough to sit in the thing until something comes a long.