Carry Case

AusToz

Hey guys!!

So let me tell you a little story! I shoot at a friends property regularly, probably more often than at my place to be honest! He has a nice tikka t3 223 which works well. Him and his brother used to always spotlight out of a vehicle so they only needed one rifle between them. Anyway I read on here about some scope mounted lights and bought one....then dad bought one....then he bought a bulk buy of 10 and sold them on to his friends and of course my friends wanted one too. This definitely made us much more efficient and varmint extermination as now rather than one 223. we take their 223, my 22lr and my 22 mag.

So this led to a little problem. I was now carting 2 rifles in bags, 2 lights with mounts, spare batteries, a handful of magazines, and a heap of ammo. The problem is while its fine to just chuck it all on the front seat, its not exactly secure plus as my friends place is down a really windy road my mags would always end up under the seat or in really random places hahah. Also I had too much stuff to fit in the pockets of the gunbags plus the mags always fell out of the pockets. So I was keeping my eye out for a nice container to keep everything in. Tried a lunch box, which as okay, but not really big enough plus looked a little pathetic. So then I was thinking what about one of those little aluminium, foam lined cases? Had a bit of a look round the internet and figured I was looking at about $30 a case. But was really struggling to find something in a suitable size. I'm didn't really want a briefcase size one!

Anyway a bit of mucking around later I discovered this case on ebay. All the other cases were from america for A LOT or tiny and meant for tattoo guns or something. But this one is actually the perfect size and even locks up!!

The best thing is it only cost me about $10 plus $13 postage!! Its in Aus and you get a free poker set with it hahah.

Sure its not incredibly secure but it does lock well enough to prevent casual opening of it. Its big enough to store a heap of ammo ( for a rimfire hahah) , some mags AND the lights. And it looks nice!!

I'll chuck the ebay link up if thats okay with admin. if not people can always message me about it!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130621503372?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

One thing I would like some opinions on is if i were to leave my ammunition in this case locked. Then leave the case inside the main area of my safe, would that count as being locked inside a separate container? IE. the small ammo portion of my safe is FULL and it would make life easier if i could leave my GO ammo in this case in the base of the safe!

Anyway go nuts people :P

Cheers

Mark!

Yeah nice idea, i like that.

Im pretty sure that will count as being in a separate receptacle.

I would have thought so too. I do the same with a small aluminum tool box. If I dont have time to move it all out, I leave it on top of the gunsafe all locked up. Bolts, mags and ammo.

Have one the same , but i only keep the poker set in it . After three trips away its starting to fall apart , being nowadays only held together with gaffer tape .

I would suggest a more sturdy one if they havent 'toughened ' them up . I actually use a craftright 38cm toolbox for my smaller stuff when not needed all my gear . Has lift out tray also .

cost a princely sum of 15 bucks at Bunnings . Probably wont solve your no room left in the safe issue tho .

ah bummer!! Hopefully mine lasts a bit better. The annoying thing is I have plenty of space in the main part of the safe but barely any in the ammo section :P

I did have a look at bunnings for a case first but they didn't really have anything i liked. Jaycar have something about twice as big and its also like $60

yeah at the moment its sitting on top of the safe with everything that I usually take with me (except ammo and mags) in it. So all i have to do is grab ammo and mags and shut it up and Im off. Much better than the multiple trips to the car I used to make!