Boots?

al77

Danner pronghorn GTX boots get a big thumbs up :thumbsu: from me, I got a pair from Vic Attard last year and love them. I've worn them on over a dozen hunts in all sorts of terrain and suffered no blisters or hot spots after hours of walking, they offer great ankle support and traction and after last weeks hunt I know their still water proof.

I've got a pair if Danner Probghorns (6" uninsulated) for summer & 8" Irish Setter Tamaracks with 400g of thinsulatefor winter. Can't fault either both very durable & 100% waterproof. Had the Tamaracks for over 3 years now & now signs of wearing out.

Good to see some positive comments on the Danner Pronghorns, I need to get a new pair of boots for the young fella and have been looking st the Pronghorns on Basspro.

Cheers,

Waldo

These are the ones I have. Danner Pronghorn

Cabelas have them for the same price and their shipping is cheaper than BassPro.

Have a look at the Rainer from Hi Tech They are Waterproof have a Lifetime treatment called Ion Mask Check it out on Google or youtube.

It was developed for the British army against chemical warfare. Not Cheap but an excellent boot. They also make a full camo boot in their Magnum range. Stealth Camo 8" (i think)

Yep, there the ones I've been looking at but in the 8" height.

Perhaps someone can help me. Ive been lusting after a pair of hunting boots from Cabellas but im having probs with the size conversion. Some size conversion sites quote different sizes in American for the same size in Australian. For example im a 10 to 10.5 Australian. What size on the Cabella chart should i choose? (assuming i need to allow for x2 pairs of wool sox) i also have wide feet. ps im looking for insulated hunting boots (cold weather). Id love to buy at home but cant justify the cost. Has anyone here dealt with this before? thanks in advance

Sabbo I've brought 2 x pairs of boots from Basspro and have on both occasions used the euro boot sizing and all has been good. Went thru every pair of shoes that I had (I'm a bloke that didn't take long) and everything was the same euro size so ordered accordingly off the conversion chart.

Height is purely a personal choice, I had always steered away from 8' high boots but my first pair and I am a convert to the taller boot, just feels so much more secure on rough steep ground. Brought a pair for my son and his thoughts were the same 8" from now on.

Cheers,

Waldo

Sabbo I've brought 2 x pairs of boots from Basspro and have on both occasions used the euro boot sizing and all has been good. Went thru every pair of shoes that I had (I'm a bloke that didn't take long) and everything was the same euro size so ordered accordingly off the conversion chart.

Height is purely a personal choice, I had always steered away from 8' high boots but my first pair and I am a convert to the taller boot, just feels so much more secure on rough steep ground. Brought a pair for my son and his thoughts were the same 8" from now on.

Cheers,

Waldo

thanks for replying Waldo, ill see how i go then.

Perhaps someone can help me. Ive been lusting after a pair of hunting boots from Cabellas but im having probs with the size conversion. Some size conversion sites quote different sizes in American for the same size in Australian. For example im a 10 to 10.5 Australian. What size on the Cabella chart should i choose? (assuming i need to allow for x2 pairs of wool sox) i also have wide feet. ps im looking for insulated hunting boots (cold weather). Id love to buy at home but cant justify the cost. Has anyone here dealt with this before? thanks in advance

I got some from cabelas and used the foot size chart you print out.

well they are tooooo big i tried to bare with them but i cant hack them anymore

well spewing they awsome boots. now they just sit in the wardobe and ive gone back to wearing runners again.

now im too scared to get anymore and waste my money incase their wrong again :lol:

a bloke rekonmende having a look in the Rivers shop theyve got some good gear in there and cheap too.

yet to have a look :lol:

When I buy boots or shoes from overseas, I buy my first pair from Australia.

Yup, you pay a lot more, but you get to try the sizes and make sure they fit.

Then, once I know the size and style I like, I can buy them from the US next time and save 50% or more.

I got some from cabelas and used the foot size chart you print out.

well they are tooooo big i tried to bare with them but i cant hack them anymore

well spewing they awsome boots. now they just sit in the wardobe and ive gone back to wearing runners again.

now im too scared to get anymore and waste my money incase their wrong again :lol:

a bloke rekonmende having a look in the Rivers shop theyve got some good gear in there and cheap too.

yet to have a look :lol:

Gday Cam, i went by the usa size in my nikes when i ordered mine from cabelas, i could have gone half a size bigger, they are wearing in now.

Gday Cam, i went by the usa size in my nikes when i ordered mine from cabelas, i could have gone half a size bigger, they are wearing in now.

sh!t you got out of it alright then.

I did like they say wear a sock etc I rekon i could go down 1/2 or a whole size.

ah well.

Next time i'll try on some in the shop and write down the size then order some :lol:

Ive got a pair of the Stoney ck rusa boots (greywacke) and i love them . There the best boots ive worn straight outa the box , no wearing in required . In saying that i m sure some of the other brands would be great too . Moroka 30 has a new boot out and it looks the goods.

Joel. :thumbsu:

I bought a pair of boots from the US and they could be 1/2 size bigger! I just grin and bear it, sometimes depending on the season my feet kill me especially my big toes! So now id rather buy Where I can try them on..