Boots?

al77

i saw the new MOROK 30 boots very impressive designed by a hunter give Rob a call $330 i bought a pair of Meindles very comfy but no grip slipping and sliding every where dont waste your money on meindles i use them for quail and rabitt shooting

did you have the vibram sole on your meindles. i had the meindle sambar and thought they were great.the sambar boot dont have the vibram sole.

i saw the new MOROK 30 boots very impressive designed by a hunter give Rob a call $330 i bought a pair of Meindles very comfy but no grip slipping and sliding every where dont waste your money on meindles i use them for quail and rabitt shooting

Yeah I saw the Moroka 30 boots as well at a demo Rob did in Tyers for the ADA. They look like he has put some serious research and development into them, should be a top quality boot. I plan to get a pair of these as my next boots for chasing sambar.

Dave.

Further to boot selection, how do you decide if you get insulated or not, and what weight of insulation you get? Those Pronghorns come in non-insulated, 200g, 400g, 800g, and 1200g. I know the higher the number the warmer they will be, but is there some sort of scale that indicates appropriate temps for the different levels?

The other thing, is does the insulation actually take up space int he boot? If you wear says size 10 and thick socks, can you still wear a size 10 with the 800g insulation and the same thick socks?

Cheers,

Jase

Be careful as the most important thing with boots is FIT , I tried several of the brands mentioned due to their quality and found them uncomfortable. I bought a pair of Salamon medium cut gortex, they're very light and grippy. Kathmandu had them for around $300.

They're worth a look

Cheers

Waz