Foxpro

I recently bought a spitfire and am very impressed with the volume. The wildfire and spitfire share the same innards with the wildfire with the better remote.

There are plenty of sounds available online to pick and choose. Mine is mostly loaded with fox callers.

I bought mine off the us ebay site for $190 delivered.

I havent had a chance to use it yet but ive taken many foxes with a whistle and would bet this decoy will take the focus off you on approach

I agree, the their focus is on the noise so you will be able to better watch, file, aim and so on.

I am keen. Just hate paying more than needed.

I'll check out the eBay options.

Cheers,

Col,

I recently bought a spitfire and am very impressed with the volume. The wildfire and spitfire share the same innards with the wildfire with the better remote.

There are plenty of sounds available online to pick and choose. Mine is mostly loaded with fox callers.

I bought mine off the us ebay site for $190 delivered.

I havent had a chance to use it yet but ive taken many foxes with a whistle and would bet this decoy will take the focus off you on approach

I bought direct off FoxPro. Benefit is you get to pick the sounds rather than getting a unit with generic sounds. Email them first and request a mailing quote using USPS (approx. $50), otherwise they'll quote on UPS (approx. $170) and you'll have a heart-attack.

Cheers...

Con

I THINK THE SPITFIRE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH AND I'VE WORKED MINE IN ALL SITUATIONS OVER 3 YEARS THIS NOVEMBER.

EVERY TIME i LEAVE IT AT HOME AND JUST USE THE WHISTLE I SEEM TO GET BUSTED AND WITH THE SHOT GUN I CAN HANDLE THAT BUT WITH THE RIFLE SOMETIMES IT SPELLS THE END TO MY CHANCES.

HAVING THEM HUNTING THE CALLER AND HAVING OPTIONS OF WHERE YOU WANT THE SOUND COMING FROM IS THE BRILLIANCE OF A FOXPRO.

201001310704041.jpg

Absolutely, I agree with vicfox. Brilliant unit that has paid for itself easily. Daytime calling is revolutionised with these things. I have the FX-3 (now a discontinued model) and it almost guarantees success if there are foxes about and you do all the right things as far as wind direction, choosing locations where foxes are lurking, etc, etc. I usually set up around 100metres or so from where I set up the caller and all foxes are taken with the rifle when they appear. I almost always shoot from the back of my ute after concealing it in fern, manuka or else I throw a camo net over it to disguise it somewhat.

Tenterfields and other whistles and hand calls work too, but the FoxPro take the foxes attention from you and focuses them onto where the caller is, while you sit and use the remote to fool them. It's addictive stuff once you figure out what works.

Bottom line is that these things are a serious fox caller that work, they are not a flash-in-the-pan gimmicky gadget.