Ammo Safe

Joog

Just a heads up on some small safes that are half price at Home Hardware stores. I bought one, they are great! only $75, with key and combination lock, shelf and a free small cashbox inside. I bolted mine on top of my gun safe to store exess ammo. thinking of buying another one to keep other stuff in as well.

I dont suppose you could give us the wall thickness, if they were legal for handguns that would be a lot cheaper than other options Im seeing right now.

According to whats written on the box....

pro Safe, anti theft safe- key-combination.

5mm door thickness

3mm body thickness

weight 13 kg

height 250mm, Width 350mm, depth 250mm.

not sure what the regs are for handguns, but these safes seem sturdy enough. even got carpet on the floor. no complaints from me for $75.

I dont suppose you could give us the wall thickness, if they were legal for handguns that would be a lot cheaper than other options Im seeing right now.

I bought my last pistol safe, for the shack, from officeworks in Launceston a couple of years ago for $125- 3mm walls and 5mm door, it is a plain keyed lock laptop safe . Firearms services inspected it and found it okay.

According to whats written on the box....

pro Safe, anti theft safe- key-combination.

5mm door thickness

3mm body thickness

weight 13 kg

height 250mm, Width 350mm, depth 250mm.

not sure what the regs are for handguns, but these safes seem sturdy enough. even got carpet on the floor. no complaints from me for $75.

I checked these out this afternoon, they fit the bill for Pistols in TAS, probably not other states.