Inverters..12V To 240 V Supply

molserge

That like asking what size gun do I need.What will you be powering off it.If only charging,then you will only need a 150 watt inverter,but if you plan on running drills and grinders,then a 2000 watt inverter would be the go.You need to work out what you will be using,how much power it will draw,and then go from there.

Having said that" would spend as much as I could afford,get it hard wired in,and enjoy some of the comforts of home.

As per Alf has said. The next thing is a 12V to 240V AC inverters draw a lot of current from the battery. Either install a decent deep cycle 2nd battery min of 100AH in the car or if running off the starter battery you will most likely need the engine running.

Personally I'd get a generator for high power use items. Your average alternator will produce around 100amps @12volts = 1200watts then run it through an inverter which will isnt going to convert 100% of the power so you might end up with a lil over 1000watts. A tool with a higher wattage use than what your alternator can produce will start draining your starter battery and dual battery if linked up at the time. If you run your tools off the backup battery only dont expect prolonged use as it will flatten quickly but for short use eg 5-10mins would be fine.

You can buy relatively cheap pure sine wave gennies off the net or pay for something reliable like a honda.

All depends on what sort of wattage you need and for how long you intend to use it.