Safe In A Wooden Farm House

Kimosabi

you stack the ingots inside on the safe floor you dofus :ass:

That weight can be removed at a later date and not part of the actual safe structure. You would need to attach as in weld on steel plates. Otherwise it would be not compliant... You numbskull.

That weight can be removed at a later date and not part of the actual safe structure. You would need to attach as in weld on steel plates. Otherwise it would be not compliant... You numbskull.

Not in WA you nice person :thumbsu:

Maybe its one of the inconsistancies of our uniform national gun laws introduced by Howard the dwarf - my apologies in advance to any vertically challenged members. :jig:

The weight has to be permanently fixed and non removable in TAS.

I still remember the great times I had fishing for trout in the many lakes in Tassie a really nice place to relax - too bad the work situation isn't the best

You do not have to fix the safe if it weighs over a certain amount - if you buy lead ingots and stack them in the safe to meet the weight requirement you are ok - unless its changed recently

You might need to attach the weight to the safe though?

you stack the ingots inside on the safe floor you dofus

It would have to be affixed to the safe.

If you had a 10kg safe filled with 140kg of metal plates, or even 140kg of guns & ammo (hell yeah!), the whole thing is 150kg but the safe is still only 10kg, hence non-compliant.

Edited by TheFosta

If you have a concrete base

1.Drill steel dowels (10mm diameter) into the concrete slab,and epoxy into place.

2.tie reo steel onto the dowels,and ensure 40 mm cover (40mm away from safe)

3.form up the safe edges with timber

4.pour concrete and encase safe.

5.strip formwork

You can get free steel off a building site bin.

You would need 15-20 bags of concrete @ $6 a bag.

And a drill to dowel the slab.Some tire wire and pliers.

Well thats what i would do,they would need a jack hammer to remove your safe

One thing to watch for the future is that the cops are pushing for a change to the law to require that the premises be occupied (i.e. not holiday homes and vacant farm cottages...)

snapback.pngDan67, on 22 April 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

One thing to watch for the future is that the cops are pushing for a change to the law to require that the premises be occupied (i.e. not holiday homes and vacant farm cottages...)

Where did you hear that?

E.F.S

From VICPOL (Epping) at the licence testing/education session thingo mid-2010. Yes - it has been a while, but they might get it through still.

I still remember the great times I had fishing for trout in the many lakes in Tassie a really nice place to relax - too bad the work situation isn't the best

We have a shack at Breona and access to a couple down the East Coast as well. We don't work full time anymore, I only work 20-25 hours a week split between three jobs as a contractor, so does the missus and that is all we need to keep ticking over. We did the hard yards between 1995 and 2008 when there was bulk work to be had around the country and are able to ease back now.

I have four family members FIFO Karattha and FNQ, one working in NSW and a couple in Africa, all intend to retire back here in the next few years. We are a family of mainly tradesmen.

It's a bit sad there is no money in the state at the moment.