Swags

aleks.stoj

Hey guys, in the market for a new swag. So far i've had a look at the Darche, Burdekin and Oztrali Models, and am leaning towards the Darche because 1. they're made locally, and 2. ive heard good things about them. Looking at the single or king single size. Are their any others out there that i should be looking at for around the same money? also if anyone owns a darche/burdekin or oztrail what are your thoughts on them? thanks guys

check southern cross tents they in Vic great product haven't really seen the swags but have tent 15years now no leaks solid proper canvas there is a waiting list about month or so for them to make in factory can't remember the prices up aronnd $600 mark.

http://www.southerncrosscanvas.com.au/tents/

Thanks guys, ill look into outback canvas cam. thanks ozride but $600 is a bit pricey, poor uni student over here lol

A swag won't cost you $600 from Southern Cross Canvas.They are in Bayswater on Canterbury Rd.

mate im 6' 7 so i thought id be better of with a kingsize, wrong it just takes up too much room in the ute, now im in the market for a single.

As for brands you get what you pay for. a swag is a must thou :thumbsu:

Darche all the way i recon. Had on 12 mine 13 years now and still no worries. i got the double and its great. Also got a cheapie from aussie disposals a while back and i must say its not too bad either. Been in the rain and has not leaked yet.

Used a jim allen swag for years and i love it. Just a good simple swag. Dosnt have all those bells and whistles and little fiddly #### to lose. I like my swags basic keep me warm dry and bugs out and im happy.

+1 for southern cross canvas ARB also sell them under there own brand ,Ive had the ARB dome swag for around 5 years and I would reccomend to anyone, completely waterproof top quality canvas, really good design . But not cheap around $700+ for the double

I have a Darche great swag but make sure you you try your swag for a fit to make sure that you have enough loose canvas on the top cover or get a price from a canvas goods maker to get them make to your size. They are easy to make if you have access to a machine that can sew canvas.

I got mine off eBay , same weight canvas, flooring etc as the well regarded brands. Super soaked it with a hose and not a drop inside. Cost $ 81.00 :-)

You can spend a lot more if you want , but you can make a very comfy camp buying a tarp, tent poles, guides, ground sheet, folding chair and swag for under $300.

eBay for the swag & bunnings for the rest.

Cheers

I bought a wild country swag (15 ounce i think) second hand for $80, i think its in pretty good nick, god bless egay! i set it up the other day to have a look forgot about it, left it out the rain yesterday. I checked it last night bone freaking dry!! Woo! Can't wait to try it out over the long week end!

Sent from iPhone

Edited by CamHutch30-06

ive got the double darche around $400. had it for 10 years, plastic bottom, all good if your want some one else in their. i have also a "burke and wills" i think it is called "red rocks" its about 1.5 man swag. the roof where your head is about 3 foot above it. plenty of room. i love it. alot of room by yourself in their. buy it off the intenet it is alot cheaper, i think in the shops you maybe up $700. shove a electric blanket in their and your sweet. doesn't matter what swag you buy soak it in your bath tub for a couple of days. this expands the canvas and seals the pinholes to make it water tight

Guys, i ended up going to rays before purchasing the darche off ebay just to see what they had. so i spotted this swag rolled up on the shelf, looked unusually small so i took it down and had a look. had no poles or foam matress, so i asked the guy at the counter and he said it was old stock which they didnt carry anymore. I asked how much they wanted for it and he said 50 bucks, so i bought it without thinking twice. I got some foam for the inside (70mm thick) for $60 dollars from a bloke i know with a foam place, and made my own swag poles with some old tent poles and polycarb pole i had at home, so whole thing cost me $110. I had some ground pegs at home too so that wasnt an issue. The swag is a wild country "trekker" single dome. i reckon i did alright!

Sounds like a good deal and i hope it works out. But if your lying in ya swag at 3am wet to the bone you may just regret the bargin swag. But i hope it dosnt happen to ya there are some cheap swags that dont leak ya might of got lucky