Wet Weather Gear

Hey guys.

I'm lookin for some good wet weather gear for hunting. I have some nice gear from Lamellar for summer hunting and thermals are great and all. I will be doing some hunting in the vic high country. I'll no doubt end up in rain and want something that is going to keep the most of it off.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jase

Yer bro probs just grab a Green North Face shell or something similar u can wear around in civvy street and that cause if u get a cam one you'll look real silly runnin it to and from. And probably don't bother getting one of those yank 2 in 1 Jumper/ rain coat things because you will find times when u are humping around and it's hot even though it's raining (yes in Vic too) and you will sweat your ring off. Don't worry about it being that swishy type material either because the sound of the rain will drown any of that out and the reduced visibility will no doubt negate the need for cam as well. I got within Twenty meters of my biggest Sambar stag with one on to knock him over while it was raining so they can't be that bad.

I was looking at the Ridgeline Torrent jacket the other day, for the price i was well impressed.. Ridgeline have come leaps and bounds since they first hit seen over a decade ago, I never used to be a fan of there gear, i was all Swazi and Stoney Creek ,but now im not so sure.. Its good stuff well worth checking out..

swazi wapiti coat Rono its thin warm windproof and i tested it in thw shower much to my wife getting a heart attack when she saw a hooded figure in the shower lmao

Was there background music playing at the time ie Psycho :startle:

swazi wapiti coat Rono its thin warm windproof and i tested it in thw shower much to my wife getting a heart attack when she saw a hooded figure in the shower lmao

WTF?? Who is this guy?

I agree with Goswasere.

At the moment I use a dull green Paddy Pallin goretex that I bought on special. I only put it on in serious rain or severe wind chill.

I was hunting with a friend who was using a purpose-designed coat (had the soft face, camou etc); it was very heavy when wet and bulky to pack in the day pack.

I reckon the Hunters Elements gear looks pretty good!

Greg

i bought one of the hunters element jackets, the aspiring jacket, hands down the best jacket i have owned, its light enough to put in the pack and have worn it in the pissing rain and snow and have not got wet or cold. Breaths quite well also.