Cheap Torch

Guest Dafink

Guest Dafink

Hey folks

Im in the market for a cheap small very bright torch.

I remember finding a finding a link to a web site that sells lots of different types of torches and electrical goods.

I think they were based in Honk Kong ?

I also remember ppl reviewed a few of the cheapies on here and gave them the thumbs up.

Of course ive lost the link to the web site.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Cheers

Hey buddy, I love my led lenser pe-7. I'm sure there's better ones out there, but for around 60$ I think I paid for mine, plus 15 more for a scope mount I can't complain. And its really small and light. Got it on eBay from a genuine dealer in Brisbane. Got it a couple days later. It's plenty powerful enough for spotlighting rabbits with my 22 out to 60-70 metres. Beware of ordering anything from overseas, there's plenty of counterfit torches doing the rounds...

You are probably thinking of dealextreme. There is also Manafont and another good one is intl-outdoors. Solarforce flashlight sales are also good and the quality is up a couple of notches from the real cheapies, for not much more $$$.

When people say "bright" there are generally two types of "bright."

There is the "bright" that lights up a larger area but won't shoot so far.

And there is the "bright" that projects a tight spot a longer distance.

I can point you in the direction of a number of lights of both sorts.

I got a fenix tk-11 from eBay can highly reccomend it many wallabies are no more due to this little torch. Cost me about 70$ with lion battery and charger

these are good. you can get torch, rechargeable batterys, charger, and power converter all for around $50.

search through the website and you can get scope mounting stuff for it as well. and only about $3

I've got one here somewhere but its 'misplaced' at the moment. hoping it will turn up again one day.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-kf-t60-ha-ii-xm-lt60-5-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-x-18650-57003

these are good. you can get torch, rechargeable batterys, charger, and power converter all for around $50.

search through the website and you can get scope mounting stuff for it as well. and only about $3

I've got one here somewhere but its 'misplaced' at the moment. hoping it will turn up again one day.

http://www.dealextre...1-x-18650-57003

i have this torch and a mate has one of the led lenser pe-7, and mine sheets all over it!

I got a led torch from miter 10 $25 very bright focasable have mounted it to my 22lr works a treat the make is lion they also have head torches $25 also which I use on flood for walking and spoting fox eyes then I turn the 1 on the gun to shoot. no more carring spot lights.

I followed Fenring's advice and decided on an Ultrafire WF008 for my .22 and a Solarforce Pro 1 for my .223.

I also ordered a bunch of mounts and batteries and chargers from Deal Extreme at the same time, pretty sure it cost me about $50 all up.

Bang for buck you can't beat the WF008, they are a great value torch. The Pro1 steps it up in quality and performance but is still great value for money.

Couldn't be happier with them, and they easily out perform a lot of the more expensive torches on the market.

Since getting mine another 3 mates have bought WF008's from deal extreme and none of us have had any problems.

I also bought a couple of LED head torches off ebay, they where $8 each including shipping. Perfect for walking around and they are focusable and waterproof.

One word of warning though, Dealextreme are not the quickest to ship. Even though some of the stuff I ordered was in stock, it still took up to a month for them to ship everything.

Edited by t510

I got a sweet one off ebay and posted the link ages ago in the forum, had a quick look but cant find it. I messaged him and got the torch, batteries, charger and mount to go off barrel and may work on scope... for around $40. I have a P7 as well but this focuses a lot more but also has a lighter very wide ring that is good for picking up eyes. On my 22 it is ultimate. See well out to almost 100m with a shitty scope. there seem to be heaps of cheap ones on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200612893705&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:AU:1123#ht_5294wt_1058

Throw the scope out.

I wrapped the silver bit with black electrical tape.and put electrical tape on the barrel before puting the component on there to avoid any marking etc. great for 22. chews battery but keep the spare in your pocket and does fine.

A Cree XR-E Q5 LED cannot make 650 lumens, LOL. It might be 200 if it's very lucky. By the looks of it it's worth the money - batteries are worth $10, charger about $5, mount about $5. So you are getting the torch very cheaply.

The scope - give it to the kids to play "pirates telescope" with. :sword:

LED Lenser MT7 is what i use for rabbit/fox on my rifles and is very good upto 50m

Its 220 Lumen compared to the P7 at 200 Lumen, i own both models and i have found that the MT7 provides more light either side of the pencil beam which help aquiring other targets sitting close by.

Buying the MT7 Gun kit is the cheapest way to go in my opinion.

Nothing beats a Lightforce 240 blitz :startle: