Cass Creek Waggler Or Foxpro Spitfire?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used either of these products and what did you think of it? I,m keen to get one to increase my success rate from just whistling them. Theres usually my and my two boys so theres a good chance any fox coming in will spot one of us make a slight movement. Its gotta be a bonus having the fox not looking directly at the source of the sound as it comes in.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Darren.

Don't know about the Cass Creek product but the FoxPros are top of the line electronic callers. I have a FoxPro FX-3 , which is an older, discontinued model and it has lured in about 40 - 50 foxes for me over the past year. They are not cheap by any means but if you do a lot of fox hunting, they are worth their weight in gold. There are some other AusHunt members that have other models form the FoxPro range and from what I have read on posts to this forum, they are all very satisfied with their results using these callers.

AusHunt member vicfox has posted some great videos showing a FoxPro in action on YouTube

Here's a couple of them-

Here are some photos of result that I have had-

07a3c2ba.jpg

18122011Seaspray-1.jpg

Here is the link to the FoxPro website- http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/digital-calls/

If I was looking at any particular model to buy it would be the Firestorm for me.

Yes chrisso, to some extent you are right. The golden rule is the same as when you are going to hand call- ie set up directly downwind from where you expect the fox to be holding up. Wind direction is paramount to all types of fox calling/whistling. I check the wind direction before I leave home and if it is coming anywhere from NE to SE it has straight off stopped me from going to more than half the spots where I call them in. When I am setting up I decide where I am going to shoot from and place the vehicle in some sort of cover if possible. Usually in some manuka or tussocks and if conditions are fairly bright I'll throw the camo net over the top. I then walk out and place the caller on the steel peg I hang it off and walk briskly back along the same line to the ute and get into it. If there is one hanging right at the edge of the scrub when I walk out then yes, they may see me and piss off for a bit. Once the caller starts up it all changes. If they didn't get a whiff of your scent they will investigate and hopefully that is when you spot them stalking in and take your shot.

These things don't necessarily need to be set up out in the open either. You would need to be closer to the unit and laying in wait with a shotgun to ensure success as the rifle would be nearly useless in scrub. Hand calls would probably be better suited in those situations.

Go foxpro . no contest.

darrenm i recently bid on a foxpro on ebay it went for almost new price! They are 200 + 75 postage new off the web site.

I haven't had a lot of results with my cass creek remote but I dont think its the callers fault.